SAP Principal Project Manager in Vimercate, Italy
Requisition ID: 279863
Work Area: Consulting and Professional Services
Expected Travel: 0 - 10%
Career Status: Professional
Employment Type: Regular Full Time
SAP started in 1972 as a team of five colleagues with a desire to do something new. Together, they changed enterprise software and reinvented how business was done. Today, as a market leader in enterprise application software, we remain true to our roots. Thats why we engineer solutions to fuel innovation, foster equality and spread opportunity for our employees and customers across borders and cultures.
SAP values the entrepreneurial spirit, fostering creativity and building lasting relationships with our employees. We know that a diverse and inclusive workforce keeps us competitive and provides opportunities for all. We believe that together we can transform industries, grow economics, lift up societies and sustain our environment. Because its the best-run businesses that make the world run better and improve peoples lives.
Key Responsibilities & Tasks:
The Principal Project Manager is responsible for the overall management of a complex Project throughout its lifecycle. He/She has the relevant qualifications and business acumen to manage large scale, high risk, strategic projects that span organizational boundaries including multiple business units and service partners/vendors.
In detail He/She:
• has a key role during the Bid Phase of the customer engagement focusing on shaping the overall delivery approach, including methodology, governance, project structure, organization, scoping, estimation and risk assessment.
• has the communication skills to present an effective delivery approach during proposal reviews
• provides leadership to the overall team structure responsible for delivering the Project also providing a partnering role with Customer and/or Partner Project Management teams.
• understands the required alignment between the Company's and the Customer's business objectives, steering the Project activities accordingly.
• is responsible to ensure that all Project activities are performed in accordance to Project Management Methodology, Quality Standards, Reporting and Governance frameworks.
• maintains a clear vision of the Project and the surrounding business environment
• anticipates course of action to proactively manage operational and Business risks and align with both internal and external project stakeholders.
• manages escalations and take accountability for the de-escalation process coordinating recovery activities, negotiations and stakeholders' engagement as necessary
• is a highly effective communicator leads by example.
• coordinates workstreams across various organizations both externally (the Customer, third party providers, sub-contractors) and internally.
• establishes trusted Advisor relationships with Project Executives Sponsors and Stakeholders and is recognized as a driving force in the Project Steering Boards and key project meetings.
Experience & Language Requirements:
• 5 - 7 years of project management experience in large scale, high risk, or strategic projects.
• Demonstrated experience leading cross functional teams within a formalized methodology.
• Demonstrated expertise in creating and maintaining all project deliverables across the Project Life Cycle such as, project charter, project management plan, status reports, project timesheets, communications plan, budget and schedule.
• Demonstrated expertise in project financial planning and management, ensuring a complete and accurate view is available on request, covering actual data from start to date, and forecast date until Project completion
• Demonstrated expertise in managing Project deliverable reviews and approval processes, within stated contractual timeline; recording of Minutes of reviews and related approvals for deliverables.
• Demonstrated experience in managing issues, scope and quality while bring projects to successful completion within the cost and time requirements.
• Some international implementation experience is required.
• Management experience of medium to large size and multilayered teams is desirable
• Management of remote resources (global delivery or distributed organization)
• Cultural awareness and experience working across different cultures and nationalities
• Strong leadership and people management skills are desirable
• Leading in matrix organization and without formal authority a plus
• English: Fluent (Mandatory)
• Italian: Fluent
• PMP Certification is a plus
WHAT YOU GET FROM US
Success is what you make it. At SAP, we help you make it your own. A career at SAP can open many doors for you. If youre searching for a company thats dedicated to your ideas and individual growth, recognizes you for your unique contributions, fills you with a strong sense of purpose, and provides a fun, flexible and inclusive work environment apply now .
SAP'S DIVERSITY COMMITMENT
To harness the power of innovation, SAP invests in the development of its diverse employees. We aspire to leverage the qualities and appreciate the unique competencies that each person brings to the company.
SAP is committed to the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity and to providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. If you are in need of accommodation or special assistance to navigate our website or to complete your application, please send an e-mail with your request to Recruiting Operations Team (Americas: Careers.NorthAmerica@sap.com or Careers.LatinAmerica@sap.com , APJ: Careers.APJ@sap.com , EMEA: Careers@sap.com ).
Successful candidates might be required to undergo a background verification with an external vendor.
Additional Locations :