Aston Carter Operational Risk Analyst (Remote) in Vienna, Virginia
Aston Carter is supporting our client in their search for an Operational Risk Analyst. Our client is one of the largest financial institutions in the United States. The ideal candidate will come from the mortgage industry.
• Plan the research for and development of specialized risk assessment scopes
• Identify potential business risks, operational and regulatory process deficiencies and improvement opportunities
• Gather and synthesize data; present conclusions and offer risk mitigation, remediation and process improvement solutions to management
• Lead/conduct and provide expertise with the administration of specialized risk assessment and testing lifecycles of business activities, processes, policies and procedures for operational effectiveness and compliance with regulatory requirements, federal and state laws
• Make recommendations for additional controls and corrective action to improve the efficiency and effectiveness of operations and risk mitigation processes
• Prepare and present to management and/or affected business unit summaries, operational and regulatory risk assessment reports, trending, and remedial or mitigation solutions
• Maintain effective communication with other business units and support teams to remediate errors and assist with implementation of corrective actions related to non-compliance with policies and procedures
• Analyze Internal and External Audit reports and recommend enhancements to the risk assessment process
• Partner and maintain effective working relationships with management to evaluate the progress of risk assessments and key issues raised during the review process and to facilitate the overall improvement of internal control structures
Risk management, Risk control, Operational Risk, Accounting, Audit, Risk, risk analysis, GSE, quality control
Additional Skills & Qualifications:
-4+ years of experience in Financial Services industry
-4+ years of experience in Quality Control Underwriting or Risk Analysis
-Bachelors degree preferred, not required
About Aston Carter:
Aston Carter is a distinguished global provider of recruitment and staffing services to companies requiring highly specialized business professionals. As a Best of Staffing® Client and Talent leader, Aston Carter has an unrivaled commitment to delivering first class service to clients and business professionals across a variety of disciplines, including Accounting and Finance as well as Governance, Risk and Compliance. With more than 60 offices across Europe, Asia Pacific and North America, Aston Carter provides local, regional and global expertise to drive value and meet our customers' unique needs. Aston Carter is a division of Aerotek. Aerotek is an operating company of Allegis Group, a global talent solutions provider.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.