Excellus BlueCross BlueShield Supervisor Operations (Customer Care) I/II - 014751 in Utica, New York
Under the direction of the Assigned Management and in accordance with policies, directives and control, supervises, directs and is accountable for all functions of assigned personnel. Provides supervisory leadership to employees assigned to the department.
• Accountable for ensuring a positive customer experience through supervision and direction of the work of assigned employees.
• Leads the activities of staff to ensure all assignments and available work are completed timely and accurately so as to best achieve departmental, organizational and corporate goals and to fully utilize the skills and abilities of functional employees.
• Identifies and resolves errors and trends, applies appropriate corrections and identifies process improvement opportunities.
• Monitors key reports and metrics on a daily basis. Understands the data presented and has the ability to take corrective action without further management intervention.
• Maintains knowledge of LRSP, TOPPS and FACETS benefit changes, national & local account group knowledge, project management, web enrollment and group database functionality to ensure department is compliant with appropriate regulations and is delivering high-quality customer service levels.
• Responsible for employee performance and will provide coaching to employees to insure performance meets targets. Conducts periodic performance reviews identifying areas needing improvement and initiates action to assure retraining is done when and where necessary.
• Instructs or otherwise acts as resource to employees in dealing with special or unique problems. May deal personally with unusual or non-recurring problems employing research or the assistance of other departments toward solution.
• Supports Marketing Operations and Sales personnel across Health Plan by meeting with accounts to develop post implementation or issue resolution work plans, provide work plan status and/or present Operations overview.
• Responsible for the oversight of customer calls. Serves as an escalation point for complex issues and irate customers outside the normal scope for customer satisfaction advocate positions.
• Prepares requested reports, some of which may be regularly scheduled, others of a special nature.
• Actively participates and makes recommendations regarding the development and maintenance of functional procedures and instructional manuals; convenes and conducts informational meetings with employees and performs other regular supervisory duties.
• Responsible for maintaining an adequate and qualified staff, including selection, training and placement. Continually evaluates the work force as to their performance and takes action to strengthen each individual.
• Maintains files and records incident to the department’s activities and prepares regular and recurring reports and special reports upon request.
• Maintains frequent outside contacts with physicians, providers, subscribers and company benefit representatives to provide and obtain information. Works closely with internal account service departments such as Marketing, and Institutional and Professional Relations (including provider and network relations). Enhances departmental effectiveness by attendance at meetings with major group representatives, RCIPA and Health Plan.
• Keeps abreast of developments within the Division, Marketing Operations, Sales and Compliance by attendance at seminars, meetings and workshops; perusal of publications and as necessary independent study.
• Consistently demonstrates high standards of integrity by supporting the Lifetime Healthcare Companies’ mission and values and adhering to the Corporate Code of Conduct, and Leading to the Lifetime Way values and beliefs.
• Maintains high regard for member privacy in accordance with the corporate privacy policies and procedures.
• Maintains knowledge of all relevant legislative and regulatory mandates and ensures that all activities are in compliance with these requirements.
• Conducts periodic staff meetings to include timely distribution and education related to departmental and Ethics/Compliance information.
• Regular and reliable attendance is expected and required.
• Performs other functions as assigned by management.
In addition to Level I responsibilities:
• Accountable for supervision and direction of staff in units that provide coverage which may be national in scope or that manage multiple regions.
• Periodically may collaborate with Marketing to establish and manager performance guarantees.
• Occasionally participates in BSBSA calls and resolutions as required.
• Serves as member of committees that are external to CSD but internal to Health Plan.
• May be required to create presentation materials for and facilitate FAQ sessions at external customer locations in conjunction with Sales staff during enrollment periods.
• May be required to acts as a project stakeholder to represent the department on a corporate project or initiative.
We include multiple levels of classification differentiated by demonstrated knowledge, skills, and the ability to manage increasingly independent and/or complex assignments, broader responsibility, additional decision making, and in some cases, becoming a resource to others. In addition to using this differentiated approach to place new hires, it also provides guideposts for employee development and promotional opportunities.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Liberal Arts, Business Administration or related and five years relevant experience, two of which are in a defined leadership role. In lieu of degree, nine years relevant experience, five of which are in a defined leadership role.
• Demonstrated conflict resolution experience, exercising excellent judgment.
• Must possess a thorough knowledge of contracts, claims processing and system policies, and be qualified to act as a resource for subordinates in the resolution and disposition of questionable and/or unique claims.
• Must be able to establish effective liaison with other departments of the Corporations as well as with physicians, subscribers and group representatives.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills.
In addition to Level I requirements:
• Bachelor’s Degree in Liberal Arts, Business Administration or related and seven years relevant experience, two of which are in a defined leadership role. In lieu of degree, eleven years relevant experience, five of which are in a defined leadership role.
• Demonstrated experience interfacing with BCBSA constituents required.
• Minimum of two years experience either processing claims or responding to customer inquiries for national business or dedicated contracts.
• Demonstrated presentation skills preferred.
• Continually acts as a mentor and advisor to peers
• Ability to interact with all levels of management including Executive
• Demonstrated desire and ability for professional development
• Demonstrates initiative and willingness to take on additional responsibilities outside of supervisory scope
• Proactively identifies issues and takes accountability for developing processes and closing gaps
• Demonstrates global, strategic thinking.
• Demonstrates exceptional leadership.
• No performance issues in last year.
The Lifetime Healthcare Companies aim to attract the best talent from diverse socioeconomic, cultural and experiential backgrounds, to diversify our workforce and best reflect the communities we serve.
Our mission is to foster an environment where diversity and inclusion are explicitly recognized as fundamental parts of our organizational culture. We believe that diversity of thought and background drives innovation which enables us to provide leading-edge healthcare insurance and services. With that mission in mind, we recruit the best candidates from all communities, to diversify and strengthen our workforce.
OUR COMPANY CULTURE:
Employees are united by our Lifetime Way Values & Behaviors that include compassion, pride, excellence, innovation and having fun! We aim to be an employer of choice by valuing workforce diversity, innovative thinking, employee development, and by offering competitive compensation and benefits.
In support of the Americans with Disabilities Act, this job description lists only those responsibilities and qualifications deemed essential to the position.