Quanterion Solutions Incorporated IT Helpdesk Technician in Utica, New York
The IT Helpdesk Technician offers support and technical assistance to customers and employees who are using software, hardware, or other computer systems and need help completing tasks or troubleshooting problems through diagnostic tests and remote access to their computers.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Oversee the daily performance of computer systems.
• Diagnosing system errors and other issues.
• Read technical manuals, confer with users, or conduct computer diagnostics to investigate and resolve problems or to provide technical assistance and support.
• Set up equipment for employee use, performing or ensuring proper installation of cables, operating systems, or appropriate software.
• Develop training materials and procedures, or train users in the proper use of hardware or software.
• Refer major hardware or software problems or defective products to vendors or technicians for service.
• Enter commands and observe system functioning to verify correct operations and detect errors.
• Remotely accessing hardware or software for clients to make changes and fix problems.
• Maintain records of daily data communication transactions, problems and remedial actions taken, or installation activities.
• Install and perform minor repairs to hardware, software, or peripheral equipment, following design or installation specifications.
• Prepare evaluations of software or hardware, and recommend improvements or upgrades.
• Confer with staff, users, and management to establish requirements for new systems or modifications.
• High School diploma or equivalent required.
• 2-years’ experience preferred.
• Associate's Degree in Computer Information Science or related field preferred.
• General awareness of computer systems, PC repair, and network management.
• CompTIA A+ Certification required.
• CompTIA Security+ Certification preferred.
• Comp TIA Network+ Certification preferred.
• Knowledge of principles and processes for providing customer and personal services. This includes customer needs assessment, meeting quality standards for services, and evaluation of customer satisfaction.
• Knowledge of the practical application of engineering science and technology. This includes applying principles, techniques, procedures, and equipment to the design and production of various goods and services.
• Knowledge of relevant equipment, policies, procedures, and strategies to promote effective local, state, or national security operations for the protection of people, data, property, and institutions.
• Strong organizational and communication skills.
• Strong written and verbal communications skills.
• Ability to work on multiple items simultaneously while meeting deadlines.
• Resourcefulness and quick-thinking nature to troubleshoot new and critical technical issues as they arise.
• Strong drive to provide excellent customer service and experience, with an awareness of prioritization of tasks, stakeholders, budget, and time.
• The person in this position frequently communicates with staff and clients who have inquiries about computer issues/concerns. Must be able to exchange accurate information in these situations. Must be fluent in the English language.
• This position requires working in an office setting, as well as a computer/software laboratory environment and constantly operates a computer and other office productivity machinery, such as a copy machine, and computer printer.
• Must be able remain in a stationary position for extended periods of time.
• Must be able to position self to maintain computers, including under the desks and in the server closet.
• Occasionally moves computer equipment weighing up to 50 pounds to clients and/or staff within the company.
• The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the position without compromising work-flow and efficiency.
*This description reflects management’s assignment of essential functions, it does not proscribe or restrict the tasks that may be assigned.
Quanterion Solutions Inc. is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer. M/F/D/V