Washington Federal Commercial Division Manager in University Place, Washington
The Division Manager ("DM") is primarily responsible for the growth of commercial banking in the geographic market being served by managing a team of no less than six individuals, four of which shall be calling officers (Director, Senior Relationship Managers, Relationship Managers, Relationship Officers or Banking Officers). Success attributes for a DM include: proven business development skills in support of the Company's client segments, proven ability to retain, coach and motivate staff, proven ability to recruit Calling Officers to generate profitable business aligned with our risk appetite , superior portfolio management, sales management and risk identification skills.
This position manages a team that may consist of calling officers, Loan Coordinators, and Credit Analysts, Senior Relationship Managers, Relationship Managers, Relationship Officers or Banking Officers. The team's primarily focus is on retaining and increasing the business we have with existing clients and obtaining new profitable relationships for the bank. The Division Manager is expected to have an active role working directly with existing and prospective client relationships and provide teaching, mentoring of teammates to improve the following skills; credit, negotiating, non-credit products, teamwork, portfolio management and advisory/sales.
Washington Federal is proud of the high value that we all place on simply being nice when serving our co-workers and clients.
- Bachelors Degree or approved equivalent; completion of courses in finance, accounting and real estate analysis or equivalent training in commercial banking.
- High level of accuracy and attention to detail.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills. Able to work independently with little supervision as well as in a team environment.
- Proven experience in analyzing, pricing and structuring around risk.
- Able to work well under pressure, meet deadlines and make sound decisions.
- Comfortable in making formal and informal presentations in diverse settings.
- Able to deal with the public, in person and by telephone, in a personable, professional manner.
- Proficiency in the Microsoft Office Suite to include Word, Excel, and Outlook are required.
- A minimum of ten years successful commercial loan portfolio management and/or loan production experience.
- Strong credit and underwriting skills required.
- Experience appraising or underwriting commercial projects is preferred.
- Prior sales management or business development experience is preferred.
- Knowledge of appraisal practices and procedures.
- Knowledge of basic real estate law and/or contracts desirable.
- Knowledge of legal documents and terminology relating to business and real estate transactions is preferred, as is knowledge of title insurance, laws, regulations, policies, and procedures.
ALL ADDRESSES: University Place, WA
FUNCTIONAL GROUP: Business Banking
Weekly Hours: 40