Valmont Industries, Inc. Dispatcher in Tulsa, Oklahoma
801 N Xanthus Tulsa Oklahoma 74110-4949
Welcome to Valmont, where a world of opportunity awaits. When you join our team, you become part of a passionate group dedicated to changing lives and conserving resources around the globe. We want problem solvers who roll up their sleeves to foster progress and innovation for all people. At Valmont, we provide infrastructure, irrigation, tubing and coatings to the world. We strengthen cities. We nourish croplands. We design, manufacture and coat. Our products and services make a difference. Join us, and BUILD YOUR WORLD.
A Brief Summary of This Position:
This position is accountable for the organizing, coordinating and controlling of all activities related to the execution of the master schedule, and making sure there is enough work on the shop floor. This position works with people in the materials area including scheduling, shipping and the storeroom area while interfacing with marketing, engineering, and purchasing and manufacturing.
· Plan and organize order processing and manage the various situations encountered in the production processes
· Ensure the timely and accurate delivery of products to the customer
· Manage any order production and product issues in a timely manner to ensure high customer satisfaction
· Issue and interpret computer shop reports and packets to the Manufacturing shop
· Maintain an attitude that unlawful or unethical actions are not acceptable.
· Report and resolve shipping problems and production shortages
· Conduct business on behalf of the Company in full compliance with the laws of the many jurisdictions in which we operate
· Communicate with the Traffic Coordinator in regard to loading availability of critical shipments
· Coordination of shop packet releases
· Coordination of feedback to scheduling regarding the potential reschedules, overloads and other anticipated problems
· Draws up master schedule to determine sequence and lead times of each maintenance operation
· Arranges orders into a sequential work schedule
Required Qualifications of Every Candidate (Education, Experience, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities):
· Technical experience and knowledge of Microsoft products as well as other relevant software
· High school diploma and 4+ years of work/educational experience or Associates Degree
· Must have a strong attention to detail and the ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously
· Excellent communication, organizational, analytical, and interpersonal skills
· The ability to read and interpret shop blueprints and technical drawings
· A strong working knowledge of spreadsheets, data entry, and computers
Highly Qualified Candidates Will Also Possess These Qualifications
· The ability to keep a positive, professional attitude in a fast paced, hectic work environment
· Strong leadership skills and the ability to support divisional business objectives
· The ability to identify and communicate maintenance or product problems to departmental supervision
· The ability to work effectively and efficiently in a team environment
· Must be a person of passion and integrity who has the drive to excel and deliver exceptional results
· Experience and knowledge of Pronest software
Working Environment and Physical Efforts:
Work is typically performed in an office setting, but may require going into the shop at times. The incumbent is regularly required to sit for extended periods of time, as well as talk and listen on the phone and in personal conversations or meetings. Environment is fast paced and demanding most of the time. No travel requirements for this position. The employee frequently is required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms while working in the office with various files and forms and while working on the computer. The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk when moving about the office. Incumbent must utilize proper ergonomic safeguards such as monitor height and positions, keyboard location and height and proper wrists rests. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds in working with large files, binders, and computer equipment. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, and depth perception.
Valmont does not discriminate against any employee or applicant in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetic information, veteran status, disability or any other characteristic protected by law. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
If you have a disability and require any assistance in filling out the application for employment email EEOCompliance@Valmont.com.
Valmont Industries is a leading producer and distributor of products for the infrastructure and agriculture markets.
Valmont Industries began in 1946 when our founder, Robert B. Daugherty combined his $5,000 savings and wholehearted belief that business could and should be done better. Since that modest start more than half a century ago, our company has grown to be an international leader in engineered products and services for infrastructure and water-conserving irrigation equipment for agriculture.
From the lighting and traffic structures that guide your way, to communication towers and utility structures that power your home and business, to irrigation equipment that waters the croplands on which your food is grown, Valmont products improve lives worldwide.
Valmont Industries operates in five primary business segments: Engineered Support Structures, Utility Support Structures, Coatings, Energy and Mining, and Irrigation. Valmont (VMI) is publicly traded on the NYSE.
We focus on two global markets: infrastructure and agriculture. Valmont Industries is present in 23 developed and developing countries, offering 27 brands from more than 80 facilities. International sales represent a significant portion of our revenues.
Valmont’s employees are passionate about the products we make. Along with our customers, they are the cornerstone of our success. We pride ourselves on being people of integrity who excel at delivering optimal results. We pursue opportunities for growth by taking our products and processes to new markets, introducing new products to regions where we have a presence, and continually improving our services to ensure that Valmont solutions are second-to-none.