GEO Reentry Services, LLC. COOK in Trenton, New Jersey
**Facility:** BO ROBINSON
**Compensation Base:** $17.00
**Compensation Bonus (if applicable):** $1000.00 ($250 paid quarterly for one year)
**Equal Opportunity Employer.**
Under general supervision, prepares large quantities of a variety of food including meats, fish, poultry, gravies, cereals, soups, vegetables and other foods. Uses various methods of cooking and seasoning and adheres to proper preparations methods. A wide degree of creativity and latitude is expected.
**Primary Duties and Responsibilities**
- Cooks food as directed in the operational menu plan for the facility food service operation. Ensures recipes are extended to the facility population requirements. Maintains accurate production records.
- Directs work, provides training and performs inspections of work performed by detainee food service staff.
- Conducts orientation and training programs for staff employees.
- Responsible for preparation scheduling and the quality assurance of all foods and supplies.
- Responsible for placing orders for food and supplies as assigned by management. Checks in deliveries and takes inventory of food and supplies as required.
- Ensures the sanitation and safety program is actively practiced in all areas of the department.
- Assists management in maintaining a high-level of good client relations.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or equivalent certification required.
- One year of general work experience is required.
- One (1) year prior experience in food preparation, preferred.
- Relevant technical training courses in food service preparation and cooking preferred.
- Prior cooking and correctional food service training preferred.
- Experience obtained military, or institutional setting, preferred.
- Must be able to communicate to all personnel the minimum production/service requirements of the job.
You will be part of a stable, established and yet still growing organization with a great deal of diversification, which will present you with a range of different challenges. Since we do prefer to promote from within, you will have opportunities to move to other facilities, as well as to different divisions within the company. We value your hard work and professional dedication and will reward you with a competitive compensation package that includes full benefits.
- Medical, Dental and Vision coverage
- Term life insurance (includes spouse and dependent)
- Accidental death and dismemberment insurance
- Short- and long-term disability
- Flexible spending account
- Stock purchase program
- Tuition reimbursement
- Legal program - Legal Club of America
- Paid time off
- Direct deposit
- Theme park and attraction discounts