ProMedica Health System RN / Registered Nurse - Pediatric ICU - Full Time - Nights in Toledo, Ohio
ProMedica's Mission is to improve your health and well-being. And we at ProMedica Russell J. Ebeid Children's Hospital take that pledge very seriously. We are a 151-bed facility that caters to the hospitalization needs of children and adolescents. In fact, we are the region's only hospital exclusively for children accredited by the Joint Commission. We offer a 60-bed newborn intensive care unit that has individual patient rooms designed to mimic the sheltered environment of a mother's womb. We also care for pediatric cancer patients in our state-of-the-art - yet fun and whimsical - Debbie Brass Children's Cancer Center. In addition, for 15 consecutive years, residents of Greater Toledo have named us the Consumer Choice Award winner in our market. In fact, we’re the only hospital in northwest Ohio to receive this honor.
Click here to learn more!
The Registered Nurse assesses, plans, implements and evaluates the nursing care provided to a group of patients. This nurse leads the nursing team members in the care as directed by the attending physician and in collaboration with other health care providers in accordance with the philosophy and policies of ProMedica Acute Care Hospitals. Actively participates in the creation of an environment that fosters patient, family, physician and employee satisfaction. Ensures decisions made are based on patient and family centered care philosophy utilizing evidenced based practices, and focused on safety, customer satisfaction, and quality outcomes.
Scope of Service: The Registered Nurse provides nursing care to individuals and groups which require specialized knowledge, judgment, and skill derived from the principles of biological, physical, behavioral, social, spiritual/cultural, and nursing sciences. The Registered Nurse functions within the full scope of nursing practice as noted by the Board of Nursing of their designated state for which they are practicing in addition to compliance with any of the hospitals accrediting bodies.
Competencies, Skills, Training & Abilities
• Complies with nursing process.
• Ability to respond effectively and efficiently to critical situations involving patients, personnel and visitors in a professional manner.
• Performs basic nursing skills competently.
• Ability to evaluate own daily practice for errors and pursue corrective action.
• Engages in the changing environment and is open to new ideas.
• Functions as a dependable team member, assisting when requested or when the need is obvious.
• Communicates effectively and empathetically with all members of the healthcare team including patients.
• Responsible for continued professional growth and development and competency. • Navigate and retrieve information from the computer and healthcare record. Licensure/Registration/Certification • Current State license as a Registered Nurse. • Current CPR training. • Specialty certifications as required. • BSN preferred. • The RN in Ohio must complete twenty-four contact hours of continuing education during his/her licensure period. At least 1 hour of contact hours must be related to Chapter 4723 of the Ohio nurse practice code and rules. Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) • Demonstrates knowledge and use of standard precautions and PPE. • Demonstrates knowledge and use of safe patient handling equipment. Physical Demands • Must be able to tolerate exposure to dust, fumes, chemicals, temperature changes, and exposure to blood borne pathogens and bodily fluids. • Must be able to attain all health requirements as identified by the organization (i.e., PPD, respirator training, vaccines, as appropriate). • Must be able to move about hospital and between workstations; and prolonged periods of standing. * • Must be able to frequently move, lift or carry light to heavy patients or equipment. * • Must be able to lift medium materials, non-material handling; continuous standing, walking, bending, stooping and reaching; frequent pushing, pulling and squatting.
Occasional sitting, stairs and kneeling. **
ProMedica is a mission-based, not-for-profit integrated healthcare organization headquartered in Toledo, Ohio. It serves communities in 30 states. The organization offers acute and ambulatory care, an insurance company with a dental plan, and post-acute and academic business lines. The organization has more than 70,000 employees, 13 hospitals, 2,700 physicians and advanced practice providers with privileges, 900+ healthcare providers employed by ProMedica Physicians, a health plan, and 450 assisted living facilities, skilled nursing and rehabilitation centers, memory care communities, outpatient rehabilitation clinics, and hospice and home health care agencies. Driven by its Mission to improve your health and well-being, ProMedica has been nationally recognized for its advocacy programs and efforts to address social determinants of health.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression, age, disability, military or veteran status, height, weight, familial or marital status, or genetics.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Drug-Free Workplace
Requisition ID: 48891