Atara Biotherapeutics, Inc. Manufacturing Associate in Thousand Oaks, California
The Manufacturing Associate works as part of the manufacturing team to deliver high quality cell therapy materials during process transfers, routine production, and technology improvements. This position contributes to the successful delivery of released product in support of clinical trials and commercial production.
• Support production in an aseptic environment
• Executes on production batch records and work orders according to SOPs
• Assist in all areas of cell culture and all related duties as required including (stocking, tracking inventory, material movement, maintaining metrics, filling out log sheets, and other special projects)
• Assists in manufacturing batch record review
• Routine maintenance and cleaning of rooms and equipment
• Identifies and implements continuous improvements
• Perform tasks in a manner consistent with the safety policies, quality systems, and GMP requirements
• Adhere to all safety protocols and procedures
- Skills and Abilities
• Bachelor degree in Biology, Chemistry, or Engineering preferred
• 2 or more years of related experience is preferred (work or schooling)
• Biotechnology industry GMP environment experience is preferredAbility to follow verbal and written instructions
• Problem Solving skills
• Detail oriented
• Team player
• Strong communication skills
Strong demonstrated aseptic techniques
Role model for Atara’s TRAIT Values
We launched Atara Biotherapeutics in August 2012 to help patients with serious diseases and few therapeutic options. We are considered a leading off-the-shelf T-cell immunotherapy company (Nasdaq ATRA) developing novel treatments for patients with cancer, autoimmune and viral diseases.
We’re proud of our team of 400+ Atarians co-located by design in 4 different locations including South San Francisco (corporate headquarters), Thousand Oaks (R&D and manufacturing headquarters), Zug, Switzerland (european headquarters) and a R&D site in the Denver, Colorado area. Our Southern California hub is anchored by a new 90,000 sq. ft., state-of-the-art Atara T-Cell Operations and Manufacturing (ATOM) facility.
Our mission – “Transform the lives of patients with serious medical conditions through pioneering science, teamwork, and a commitment to excellence.”
Our vision - “T-Cell Immunotherapy for every patient, any time.”
Visit www.atarabio.com to learn more.
Atara Bio is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions on the basis of merit and other lawful factors. In accordance with applicable law, the Company prohibits discrimination based on race, color, religion, creed, sex, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth or medical condition related to pregnancy or childbirth), gender identity, expression or dysphoria, marital status, age, national origin or ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, veteran status, caregiver status, sexual orientation, transgender status or any other classification protected by federal, state or local laws or because of the individual’s association with a member of a protected group or connection to an organization or group related to a protected group.
We comply with all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act. All applicants must have authorization to work for Atara Bio in the United States.
Job ID: 2021-1495
External Company Name: Atara Biotherapeutics, Inc.
External Company URL: https://www.atarabio.com/