Texas Health Resources Graduate Nurse Residency (RN) July 2020- Telemetry- Kauffman in Texas
Texas Health Kauffman seeks to hire a Graduate Nurse for the July 2020 Residency.
The address is 850 Ed Hall Dr., Kaufman, TX 75142
• Hours/Schedule: Full-time, (3)-12 hour shifts; Rotating weekends, Holidays, and on call shifts required
The Texas Health Nurse Residency Program is a comprehensive, evidence based on-boarding program with a 2-year employment commitment that offers new graduate nurses an exciting opportunity to gain the experience, judgment, skills and confidence to successfully navigate the complexity of hospital life.
Integrated into a Hospital’s education structure, the Texas Health Nurse Residency Program includes a guided clinical experience with an instructor-led core curriculum, a formal mentoring program, informative debriefing/self-care sessions and supportive 360-degree evaluations. Residents not only participate in the learning experience on their personally selected home units, they also rotate through other departments to gain an expanded nursing experience vital to the complex patient care.
The ideal candidate will possess the following qualifications
• ADN (Associates Nursing Degree) is required upon hire; BSN preferred
• Graduated within the last 12 months preferred
• Less than one year experience at the time the residency begins preferred
• Current RN licensure (Texas or Compact State). Boards MUST be passed and results verified by noon the Wednesday prior to start date.
• Current BCLS required upon hire
• RNs hired within THR after December, 2016 require completion of BSN within 2 years of start date required.
• A high degree of confidentiality, positive interpersonal skills, and ability to function in a fast-paced environment.
Please provide the following during the application:
• Official nursing school transcript (Unofficial transcript accepted until official is available)
• Exemplar/Essay: In one-to-two pages, tell the story of a clinical situation that was especially meaningful to you as a student nurse and that has helped you shape your practice today
Texas Health Presbyterian Hospital Kaufman is a 91-bed acute-care, full-service hospital serving Kaufman and Henderson counties and southern Dallas County since 1979. Hospital services include women’s care, cardiac rehabilitation, wound care and diagnostic and imaging services. Texas Health Kaufman was recently recognized as a Pathway to Excellence® hospital by the American Nurses Credentialing Center and is a Level IV Trauma Center. Our location, 35 miles southeast of downtown Dallas, brings all the perks of country living to your lifestyle and puts the city's best features within convenient reach.
Employment opportunities are only reflective of wholly owned Texas Health Resources entities.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employees or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.