Fairleigh Dickinson University Assistant Professor Mechanical Engineering & ME Technology in Teaneck, New Jersey
The Gildart Haase School of Computer Sciences and Engineering of Fairleigh Dickinson University invites applications for a tenure-track position in Mechanical Engineering and Mechanical Engineering Technology at the rank of Assistant Professor. The School has recently offered a BS Mechanical Engineering program to complement its various engineering and engineering technology programs, including the BS Mechanical Engineering Technology program that is accredited by the Engineering Technology Accreditation Commission (ETAC) of ABET.
The successful candidate is expected to teach Mechanical Engineering and Mechanical Engineering Technology courses at all levels; have an active research program resulting in peer-reviewed publications; provide academic advising; participate actively in student recruitment and retention efforts, learning outcomes assessment, and curriculum and laboratory development; supervise student organizations and accompany students on field trips and to conferences; help maintain ABET accreditation for the engineering and engineering technology programs in the School; and seek outside funding. Other responsibilities include but are not limited to supervising adjunct faculty; coordinating the Mechanical Engineering and/or Mechanical Engineering Technology programs; assisting and promoting other programs; and implementing the School's initiatives. The successful candidate will play a key role in getting the BS Mechanical Engineering program accredited by the Engineering Accreditation Commission (EAC) of ABET and in maintaining the accreditation of BS Mechanical Engineering Technology program with ETAC of ABET. Furthermore, the successful candidate is expected to be present on campus at least four of the five working days and to attend open houses and outreach programs, which are conducted on a few weekends.
1. PhD in Mechanical Engineering or closely related field.
2. Strong commitment to excellence in teaching, research, service, and contributions to student welfare.
3. Demonstrated ability to foster student learning in Mechanical Engineering and Mechanical Engineering Technology regardless of level.
4. Superior oral and written communications skills and ability to work collaboratively.
5. Employment is contingent upon a satisfactory background check. Candidates for hire will be required to sign a waiver authorizing the background check and produce a Social Security Card.
Preferred Qualification: P.E. or three or more years of relevant industrial experience