HCA, Hospital Corporation of America CVICU Nurse in Tallahassee, Florida
[Capital Regional Medical Center]
$10,000 Sign-On Bonus Available to qualified Nurses!!
Capital Regional Medical Center is a fully-accredited healthcare facility with more than 1,400 employees and 380 physicians. We are a 266-bed, acute-care hospital that offers 24/7 Emergency Services in Leon and Gadsden Counties including; a Pediatric ER, and an Express Care ER. Offerings also include a Bariatric Center, Behavioral Health Center, Burn Clinic, Cancer Center, Chest Pain Center w/PCI, Comprehensive Breast Center, Family Center, Heart & Vascular Center, Orthopedic/Spine Center, Physical Therapy Services, Stroke Center, Surgical Services, Network-of-Care Affiliated Physician Practices, and more.
Unit Description: The Cardiac Surgical Intensive Care Unit is a 20-bed unit located on the 4th floor of Capital Regional Medical Center. This unit is designated to accommodate critically ill adult and geriatric patients who have undergone surgical procedures such as cardiac, thoracic, vascular or neurological or who have intensive cardiac or respiratory medical needs.
The most common operative procedures are:
· Post Coronary Artery Bypass Grafting
· Post Valvular Replacement
· Post Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm Repair
The objective of the CSICU staff, in collaboration with the other members of the multidisciplinary health care team, is to return the patient to a level of functioning appropriate for transfer to a less intensive environment for continuation of care and service.
Position Summary:Provide professional nursing care to patients utilizing the nursing process. To collaborate with other members of the health care delivery team including physicians, to deliver quality health care.
Your benefits include: * 401k * Paid Time Off * Medical, dental, flex spending, life, disability benefits * Tuition reimbursement * Employee discount program * Employee stock purchase program * Student loan repayment
EDUCATION REQUIRED AND/OR PREFERRED:
· Associate Degree, Diploma in Nursing, or BSN required
- * LICENSURE/CERTIFICATION:
· Florida RN license and/or approved multistate RN license required
· BLS – AHA Healthcare Provider
*EXPERIENCE REQUIRED OR PREFERRED: *
· 1-3 Years Acute care experience preferred
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE, AND ABILITIES:
· Reads and writes Basic English with the basic skills necessary to transcribe physician’s orders
· Knowledge of universal precautions
· Ability to listen, empathize and respond to patient, family, internal and external partners needs
· Basic computer skills
· Basic arrhythmia test recognition – have upon hire or within 30 days of hire with a 90% passing score
Job: *Nursing - Professional
Title: CVICU Nurse
Location: Florida-Tallahassee-Capital Regional Medical Center
Requisition ID: 00355-12297