Veritas Backend Software Engineer in Tallahassee, Florida
Veritas solves what no one else can. With an industry-leading product portfolio, we offer proven, modern, and integrated technology that brings together availability , protection , and insights . Our Veritas Enterprise Data Services Platform addresses current and future data issues end-to-end – keeping mission-critical workloads highly available, protecting data everywhere, and providing insights to optimize costs and maintain regulatory readiness.
Veritas supports 500+ data sources, 150+ storage targets, 50+ clouds, and any deployment model imaginable. We serve 99% of the Fortune 100, 90% of the Fortune 500, and are the market leader in Software-defined Storage, Data Protection, and Archiving.
The Data Protection Group drives the product strategy, roadmap, and engineering delivery of the Veritas products, which includes NetBackup, APTARE, Backup Exec, Enterprise Vault (EV), EV.cloud, eDiscovery platform, and Veritas SaaS Backup.
We are looking for candidates who have experience with SaaS services that store customer data, file systems, and storage and cloud technology for data protection solution. You should also have an eye for great design and a knack for pushing projects from conception all the way to customers.
In this role, you will design and develop data protection solutions using the latest technologies. You will own product quality and overall customer experience.
You will productively work in a highly collaborative agile team, actively participate in knowledge sharing all while communicating across teams in a multinational environment.
In this role, you will bring concepts to life. You will :
- Understand business requirements and design solutions that will function, scale, and perform
- Deliver features over a span of two-weeks sprints. This is an Agile development team with JIRA workflow.
- Develop & implement code in C# with a focus on simplicity, performance, and maintainability.
- Fix bugs, review code, and attend daily scrum calls.
- Develop and maintain automation
- Interact with the QA team.
- Own components that you have built and support/maintain them internally.
- Adapt your code to the standard the team has defined
- Develop in a Microsoft environment (Visual Studio, Windows, etc)
- Work with customer support to resolve customer issues
- Collaborate across geographies and team
Minimum Required Skills include:
- MS/BS in Computer Science/Computer Engineering or related field of study with 3+ years of relevant experience
- Knowledge of file systems, storage and cloud technologies, emerging standards and engineering best practices
- Strong communication skills, both oral and written
- Designs, develops and maintains high quality code for product components, focusing on implementation.
- Knowledge of algorithms and design patterns
- Strong fundamentals of programming and/or debugging skills in C#
- Skills in scripting languages such as Python or PowerShell
- Working knowledge of API fundamentals and best practices
- Skills with Office Application Suite Microsoft Access, Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Visio, both in use and automation
- Knowledge of databases and SQL
- Knowledge of operating Systems: Windows / LINUX
- Object Oriented Language
- Agile Process
- Strong problem solving and organizational skills
Desired skills include:
- Experience with C++ is a bonus
- Experience building and consuming cloud-based REST APIs, such as those of SaaS applications like Office 365 and Salesforce
- Experience working with tools like Jasmine, Karma, Gulp, Grunt and Protractor
- Experience in Agile development methodologies including unit testing and TDD (test-driven development)
- Working knowledge of delivering into cloud based environments using standard CI/CD tools (Jenkins, Artifactory, Spinnaker, SonarQube) and best practices
- Knowledge of cloud IaaS/PaaS and Microservices design a plus
At Veritas, we care about the causes close to your heart and enable you to volunteer, donate, and do good. We also value uniqueness and know that a more diverse and inclusive workforce makes a winning team, so come as you are! Interested? Then apply and find out more about #TeamVTAS!
Why Join Us? (https://www.veritas.com/company/careers/why-join-us)
Working at Veritas
At Veritas, you will enjoy an open, flexible, and supportive environment which lets you bring your ideas to life. Our commitment to development and diversity sparks innovation.
If impact, innovation and a winning culture are important to you, consider a career at Veritas.
We Embrace Diversity
Diversity in thought, perspective, experience and life is a vital part of our culture. It is this culture, that allows us to innovate, solve problems and succeed.
Veritas is an equal opportunity employer
Veritas is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants for employment will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, status as an individual with a disability, veteran status, or any other basis protected by federal, state, or local law. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance (FCO), we will also consider for employment qualified individuals with arrest and conviction records.
EEO is the Law. Applicants and employees of Veritas Technologies LLC are protected under Federal law from discrimination. Click here (http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf) to find out more.
Veritas will respond to requests for reasonable accommodations to assist you in applying for positions at Veritas, or to submit a resume. If you need to request an accommodation, please contact our HR VHelp Portal (https://veritas.service-now.com/hrp) .