Microsoft Corporation Supply Planner in Taipei, Taiwan
We are looking for a Supply Planner to join the Server Supply Chain Team within Cloud Sourcing and Supply Chain (CSSC) Organization. This position will be responsible for the fulfilment of server hardware to our System Integrators in support of building out Microsoft’s data center and network infrastructure. This role will be supporting our global factory network, as well as providing regular updates to our team in Redmond WA, USA.
• Meet regularly with assigned suppliers to review forecast, capture supply commitments and publish internally.
• Review all PO’s placed by MSFT System Integrators and assure compliance and supportability against our 3PL inventory positioning.
• Manage metrics including days of supply, E&O, shortages within lead time and inventory exposure at each supplier to improve performance.
• Work with Supply Chain, and Capacity Planning teams on the timing and availability of product transitions in order to plan for platform end of life (minimizing E&O inventory) and ramp of new platforms
• Define inventory buffer targets (in conjunction with Component Planning) and strategies based on historical usage and forecast, and define financial risk/liability associated with said buffers
• Perform scenario analysis to understand impact of component shortages, demand upside/downside, etc. to Supply Plan of Record
• Identify process improvement opportunities and work with cross functional teams to improve tools and process to better meet our global demands.
• Report supply chain exceptions (shortages, excess) to Sourcing and Management partners to escalate actions and define impact if not resolved.
• 3-5 years in Electronics manufacturing supply planning or similar role,
• Bachelor’s degree required (BS/MS in business, supply chain, operations management or engineering.
• Capable of performing complex data analysis to identify problems or opportunities to improve supply chain performance
• Strong knowledge of electronics manufacturing processes and logistics
• Knowledge of supply planning processes and tools, including SAP or similar products.
• Experience managing inventory and material movement through a 3 rd party logistics provider.
• Fluent in English
• Direct experience in electronics assembly and server industry.
• Strong understanding of Supply Planning elements, tools and process
• Proven track record in delivering change, process improvement, and lean manufacturing solutions
• Experience with MRP/ERP systems, including material planning specific software such as Rapid Response by Kinaxis
• Expert level with MS Office Applications, focus on Excel
• Conversational English skills
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form (https://careers.microsoft.com/us/en/accommodationrequest) .
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.