Adidas America Senior Manager Supply Planning Materials APP in Taipei, China
Senior Manager Supply Planning Materials APP
Leading the day-to-day local material planning operations and ensure all KPIs are met. This individual will lead and drive operations processes across material planning and production. Managing the relationships between adidas group and T2s, proactively work with cross-functional partners to develop the growth plans for operational capabilities and ensure that adidas Group Apparel Material objectives are achieved.
• Lead and implement supply chain initiatives to improve material teams and T2 vendors’ capabilities and capacities, working closely with global planning team to optimize the operation efficiency.
• Proactively review and analyse any current process and procedure for continuous improvement and system enhancements, share the best practices internally or externally for planning efficiency.
• Closely work with local T2s with cross-functional teams on identifying any potential capacity/production issues, mitigate and resolve them in advance.
• Responsible for local T2s monthly KPI performances and proactively follow up with T2s and internal teams on improvements.
• Train and guide T2s on policies, processes and procedures changes to ensure T2s fully comply with adidas standards and operation requirements.
• Drive and support the Sourcing Strategy for material planning, ensure T2s have the right information and knowledge to meet the objective given, e.g. greige buffer, material escalations, duty, speed…etc.
• Follow leadership framework to coach, support and encourage team members to enhance their competencies and better career developments.
• Lead analytical studies on business data for strategic decision making
• Execute GASA (Global Apparel Strategic Alliance) by tracking and facilitating planning related milestones.
• Lead the coordination across operation planning of material teams.
• Accountable for local planning activities:
Material transfer feasibility checking
• T2 material suppliers
• T1 Apparel suppliers
• Apparel LOs
• Material LOs
• Global Planning
• Project Teams
• Global Customs
• LO Cross-functional Teams
• Apparel Sourcing Operations
KNOWLEDGE SKILLS AND ABILITIES
• Ability to organize time and resources effectively
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills
• Able to lead the discussion among different groups
• Ability to create, plan and deliver presentations
• Fluent in English (written and spoken)
• Excellent IT Skills (Outlook, Excel, Power Point, Access, etc), especially strong knowledge of Excel and Access
REQUISITE EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE / MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
• College or university degree in business/supply chain related areas
• At least 7 years’ experience in textiles/apparel and/or supply chain relevant experience in Sourcing/Material Procurement
At adidas we have a winning culture. But to win, physical power is not enough. Just like athletes our employees need mental strength in their game. We foster the athlete‘s mindset through a set of behaviors that we want to enable and develop in our people and that are at the core of our unique company culture – the 3Cs: CONFIDENCE, COLLABORATION and CREATIVITY.
CONFIDENCE allows athletes to make quick decisions on the field, to reach higher. For us at adidas confidence means acknowledging that we don’t have all the answers. But we are willing to take risks, we try new things. And if we fail, then this is part of our learning – it helps us improve.
COLLABORATION . Every elite athlete relies on partners: coaches, teammates, and nutritionists. We, too, know that we are stronger together. Winning as one team takes open and candid dialogue, inclusiveness and trust in each other’s abilities and talents.
Being the best sports company in the world takes CREATIVITY . No great athlete succeeds by copying their predecessors’ training plans and strategies. We have to be open to new ideas, explore, gain an edge and stand out. Only then can we succeed.
adidas celebrates diversity, supports inclusiveness and encourages individual expression in our workplace. We do not tolerate the harassment or discrimination toward any of our applicants or employees. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Job Title: Senior Manager Supply Planning Materials APP
Contract Type: Full time
Date: Apr 21, 2021