National Grid Coordinator, Maps and Records in Syracuse, New York
National Grid is hiring a Mapping Coordinator for our GIS team within our Maps and Records (Electric) department in Syracuse, NY.
Every day we deliver safe and secure energy to homes, communities, and businesses. We are there when people need us the most. We connect people to the energy they need for the lives they live. The pace of change in society and our industry is accelerating and our expertise and track record puts us in an unparalleled position to shape the sustainable future of our industry.
To be successful we must anticipate the needs of our customers, reducing the cost of energy delivery today and pioneering the flexible energy systems of tomorrow. This requires us to deliver on our promises and always look for new opportunities to grow, both ourselves and our business.
The Maps and Records Mapping Coordinator supports the Mapping Supervisor overseeing mapping personnel involved in the maintenance of the spatial data in National Grid’s Geographic Information System (GIS).
· Reports to the Mapping Supervisor in the Maps and Records (electric) department.
· Assist the Mapping Supervisor with training, monitoring, developing personnel, as well as other varied assigned duties in the Maps and Records department as required.
· Generate and update various reports as required to monitor performance against Line of Sight deliverables which include Safety, Key Performance Indicator, and Compliance metrics.
· Assist the Mapping Supervisor in Performance Excellence by ensuring the Department is meeting requisite goals, identifying concerns and causes of deficiencies, and recommending and implementing improvement opportunities within Maps and Records.
· Coordinate, generate, and direct work as it comes into the department work queue.
· Manage the as-built completion process and posting spatial data related to planned and unplanned field work.
· Coordinate with various departments within Operations to ensure timely completion of work requests and timely posting of GIS designs.
· Assist with Disaster Recovery planning, Business Continuity Planning, and Data Protection plans.
· Assist in the development of quality assurance/quality control practices and procedures to drive improvement on cycle time deliverables while maintaining the accuracy of the spatial data.
· Support other areas within the Mapping Department as required.
· Bachelor’s Degree in Information Systems, GIS, Engineering, Business or a closely related field (in lieu of a degree, equivalent work experience is required)
· Ability and experience to oversee a complex GIS
· Desired: 5 years experience in Engineering or GIS in a supervisory capacity
· Demonstrated supervisory skills necessary to lead, motivate, instruct, and develop personnel in the operation and maintenance of GIS
· Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Access, SharePoint)
· Sound interpersonal, oral, and written communication skills
This position has a career path which provides for advancement opportunities within and across bands as you develop and evolve in the position; gaining experience, expertise and acquiring and applying technical skills. Internal candidates will be assessed and provided offers against the minimum qualifications of this role and their individual experience.
National Grid is an equal opportunity employer that values a broad diversity of talent, knowledge, experience and expertise. We foster a culture of inclusion that drives employee engagement to deliver superior performance to the communities we serve. National Grid is proud to be an affirmative action employer. We encourage minorities, women, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans to join the National Grid team.