Morgan Stanley Research Analyst, Energy Coverage in Sydney, Australia
About The Company
Morgan Stanley has earned an enviable reputation for the originality of its research and the value it creates for investors and decision makers. Consistently ranked among the top in its field, our Equity Research team looks at economic, market, industry, and company data to enhance the performance of clients' global portfolios and to help companies set their strategic direction.
About The Role
An opportunity exists for a Research Analyst to join our highly rated Australian Energy and Engineering and Contractors Research team, working with our lead Australian Energy and Engineering and Contractors analyst.
• Creating and maintaining models by leveraging skills in accounting, finance, and economics
• Responding to requests for data and information from internal and external clients
• Identifying, monitoring, and analyzing macroeconomics factors and industry and company trends
• Researching and writing reports with a company or sector specific focus
• Assisting in the design and preparation of analyst marketing materials
• Collaborating with domestic, regional and global colleagues on research projects
• Developing relationships and interacting with colleagues in research, equity sales and trading and wealth management, as well as institutional clients, investor relations professionals, company management and other industry participants
*Skills Required *
• A university degree or post-graduate qualification, preferably but not limited to Commerce, Finance, Engineering, or post-graduate Finance related study.
• Relevant energy or industry knowledge or experience in an equity research role will be highly regarded
• A keen interest in the energy, commodities sectors
• Highly motivated, proactive and hard-working, with a willingness to work independently, meet deadlines and take responsibility for outcomes
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
• A natural curiosity in corporate strategy and how businesses operate, succeed and fail.
• Ability to construct financial models and work with large data sets in order to identify financial relationships and draw investment conclusions
• Ability to think creatively, generate ideas and to problem solve
• Ability to work in small teams, with a strong focus on coordination, collaboration and teamwork
Equal Opportunity Statement
Morgan Stanley’s goal is to build and maintain a workforce that is diverse in experience and background but uniform in reflecting our standards of integrity and excellence. Consequently, our recruiting efforts reflect our desire to attract and retain the best and brightest from all talent pools. We want to be the first choice for prospective employees.
It is the policy of the Firm to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, age, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, citizenship, disability, marital and civil partnership/union status, pregnancy (including unlawful discrimination on the basis of a legally protected pregnancy/maternity leave), veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Morgan Stanley is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversifying its workforce.
Title: Research Analyst, Energy Coverage
Location: Non-Japan Asia-Australia-New South Wales-Sydney
Requisition ID: 3193847