Lockheed Martin Software Quality Engineer in Sunnyvale, California
Description: The coolest jobs on this planet… or any other… are with Lockheed Martin Space.
At the dawn of a new space age, Lockheed Martin is a pioneer, partner, innovator and builder. Our amazing men and women are on a mission to make a difference in the world and every day we use our unique skills and experiences to create, design and build solutions to some of the worlds’ hardest engineering problems. Our culture encourages employees to dream big, perform with excellence and create incredible products. We provide the resources, inspiration and focus and if you have the passion and courage to dream big, we want to build a better tomorrow with you.
The Strategic and Missiles Defense (SMD) group within the Space organization has a current need for a Software Quality Engineer/Quality Engineer located in Sunnyvale, CA. In this role, you will support the Terminal High Altitude Area Defense (THAAD) program ensuring that contractual requirements, software standards and Lockheed Martin standards are met.
Your responsibilities include:
-Apply appropriate standards, processes, procedures and tools throughout the development life cycle.
-Apply knowledge of computer hardware and software, programming experience, information processing techniques and information gathered from system users, to enhance the level of SQE technical reviews of software products and processes.
-Participate in program level boards and reviews (SRB, CCB, ERB, TRR, etc.) as well as peer review activities.
Implement quality plans and procedures.
-Conduct evaluation activities related to software development and conducts software subcontractor evaluations as directed.
-Evaluate requirements, design, development, configuration management, builds, documentation, integration, testing and release of deliverable/non-deliverable software deliveries and installations using established procedures as a guide.
-Provide Quality Engineering support to disposition hardware non-conformances and perform root cause analyses.
-Coordinate various activities with Government Customer. -Perform Hardware verification and certifications.
-Some travel may be required in this position.
Typically employees in this level position will have 2+ years related experience
Benefits of Employment
About Lockheed Martin:
Headquartered in Bethesda, Maryland, Lockheed Martin is a global security and aerospace company that employs approximately 110,000 people worldwide and is principally engaged in the research, design, development, manufacture, integration and sustainment of advanced technology systems, products and services.
Our employees play an active role in strengthening the quality of life where we live and work by volunteering more than 850,000 hours annually. Here are some of the benefits you can enjoy:
• Paid time off
• Work/life balance
• Career development
• Mentorship opportunities
• Rewards & recognition
Learn more about Lockheed Martin’s competitive and comprehensive benefits package:
• Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college in a technical discipline (e.g., engineering field) or equivalent discipline (e.g., math, physics, chemistry, etc.)
• Working knowledge of C/C++ and/or other programming/scripting languages
• Ability to prepare and support presentation of materials at various program boards/reviews (e.g., PMR, CDR, PDR, TRR, ERB CCB, SRB, TIM)
• Software audit and/or assessment experience
• Ability to review and update program level quality documentation
• Experience with Quality Assurance processes and procedures
• Knowledge of CMMI and/or AS9100
• Ability to plan, manage and support multiple activities and tasks with minimal direction
• High energy, self-starting, team player who achieves goals and is adept at identifying issues/gaps and working to closure.
• Skilled at building partnering relationships at all levels, building trust with customers, and proactively addressing issues.
• Proficient in the use of MS Office products
• Ability to travel
• Interim Secret Security clearance and US citizenship required to start with the ability to obtain a Secret Security clearance
• Certified software quality engineer, ASQ certification
• Database experience
• Experience with software development environments (e.g., UNIX, Windows, Rational, CASE tools)
• Experience in the review of supplier SQA and SWE process/products
• Software configuration/build tools (e.g., ClearCase)
• Problem solving experience
• Root cause analysis, corrective action and preventive action familiarity
• Lean/Six Sigma Green Belt Certification
• Experience with Government customers
• Experience in developing and reporting quality metrics
• SAP/ERP and Sharepoint experience
• Material Review Board (MRB) and Failure Review Board (FRB)
• Aerospace software/hardware experience
• Posses strong analytical and multi-tasking skills, show attention to detail and able to function in a high-pressure environment requiring deadlines.
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.