Continental Manufacturing Engineer in Sun Prairie, Wisconsin
Sun Prairie, WI
ContiTech, a division of Continental, is one of the world’s leading suppliers of technical elastomer products and is a specialist in plastics technology. ContiTech develops and produces functional parts, components, and systems for machine and plant engineering, mining, the automotive industry, and other important industries. Our Sun Prairie, WI location is seeking a Manufacturing Engineer to join our team.
Continental has invested $8M in new capital expansion for the Sun Prairie facility. Our facility is located very close to Madison, WI which is regularly on the "best places to live lists"!
Are you ready to shape the future with us?
The Manufacturing Engineer will perform and evaluate work measurement and workflow analysis for the establishment of standards and the utilization of production facilities. In this role, you will also be responsible for developing plant and equipment layout, capacity plans, workflow and accident prevention measures to maintain efficient and safe utilization of plant facilities. You will provide product assembly instructions and standardizes assembly practices. Lastly, you will be responsible for evaluating new techniques and technological developments for inclusion in the production process.
• Develop most efficient ways to use people, machines, materials, information, and energy to make a product or service
• SAP Routings / CAR Sheets / FORD Studies
• Design/Improve layout of equipment, workspace and plant
• Write documentation for manufacturing operations (Work Instructions, SOP's, Control Plans, PFMEA's)
• Provide support and participate in internal continuous improvement projects (e.g. Scrap and Waste Reduction Programs)
• Troubleshoot process and equipment problems
• Project Management for assigned programs
• Support APQP activities for assigned programs
• QA support in 8D’s reports
• Plan & implement capital improvement projects
• Initiate, develop and implement manufacturing processes for new products
• Assume manufacturing process ownership for existing and new products
• Initiate and lead manufacturing continuous improvement activities to meet and excess specific measurable goals for department safety, quality, productivity, scrap reduction and up time
• This position is an active position with minimal desk time. Weekend and long hours may be required to suffice the job requirements. Travel as necessary.
WHY YOU SHOULD APPLY
• Immediate Benefits
• Paid Time Off
• Tuition & Employee Discounts
• Annual Bonus
• Employer 401(k) Match
• And more benefits that come with working for a global industry leader!
• Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering
• Minimum 2-years’ experience within a manufacturing environment
• Experience in programming PLC platforms using Allen Bradley
• Hands-on experience with electrical panel design, build and troubleshooting installation of automation systems equipment, instrumentation and end devices.
• Excellent computer skills in MS Office Suite
• Strong communication skills, verbal and written
• Capable of effectively applying technical knowledge to solve a range of problems
• Legal authorization to work in the U.S. is required. We will not sponsor individuals for employment visas, now or in the future, for this job opening.
• Continental is not able to pay relocation expenses for this opportunity
• 5-years’ experience within a manufacturing environment
• Experience utilizing AUTOCAD & Solidworks experience is a plus
• Project Management experience desirable
• 2 to 5 years of experience in Process or Industrial Engineering
• 1 to 2 years of experience with working under a TS16949/QS9000 Quality System
• Familiar with Continuous Improvement methodologies
• Automotive Industry Experience
Division Footer Text
Ready to drive with Continental? Take the first step and fill in the online application.
The Business Area ContiTech develops, produces and markets products, systems and intelligent components made from rubber, plastic, metal and textiles. These products are used in mining, the agricultural industry, railway engineering mechanical and plant engineering, the automotive industry and other important sectors of the future.
EEO / AA / Disabled / Protected Veteran Employer. Continental offers equal employment opportunities to all qualified individuals, without regard to unlawful consideration to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law. In addition, as a federal contractor, Continental complies with government regulations, including affirmative action responsibilities, where they apply. To be considered, you must apply for a specific position for which Continental has a current posted job opening. Qualifying applications will be considered only for the specific opening(s) to which you apply. If you would like to be considered for additional or future job openings, we encourage you to reapply for other opportunities as they become available. Further, Continental provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with a disability. If you need assistance in the application process, please reply to Careers@conti-na.com or contact US Recruiting at 248.209.7425. This telephone line and email address are reserved solely for job seekers with disabilities requesting accessibility assistance or an accommodation in the job application process. Please do not call about the status of your job application, if you do not require accessibility assistance or an accommodation. Messages left for other purposes, such as following up on an application or non-disability related technical issues, will not receive a call back.