Raymond James Financial, Inc. Senior Manager Internal Audit (Capital Markets) in St. Petersburg, Florida
Under general direction and with a high level of autonomy, uses extensive knowledge and skills obtained through education, experience, specialized training and/or certification to manage a team that supports Raymond James Financial Internal Audit. Supports professional and corporate auditing standards as well as departmental standards and procedures. Provides guidance, training and tools that enable auditors to perform jobs effectively. Provides administrative and technical support to foster continuous improvement within the department. Leads major projects, programs or processes with significant business impact that involve cross-functional teams. Influences strategic direction, develops tactical plans and completes complex assignments with substantial latitude for independent actions or decisions. Provides comprehensive solutions to escalated problems. End results are evaluated for achieving goals and objectives. Maintains extensive contact with internal audit management and audit teams to identify, research, analyze, and resolve complex issues.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Develop and execute a robust Audit Plan for assigned businesses in accordance with Internal Audit standards, relevant government statutes and regulations.
• Oversee multiple audit engagements from the planning stages through the reporting stages.
• Produce quality deliverables in accordance with both department and professional standards.
• Apply expertise in one or more of the organization's businesses and leverages this knowledge into a leadership role in one or more teams.
• Manage Audit Managers and Senior Audit staff.
• Perform human resource management activities including: identifying performance problems, developing plans for remedial action, evaluating performance, and interviewing and selecting staff.
• Attract, develop, and retain talent within the Audit organization.
• Establish strong relationships with senior leaders including executive management, and related control groups.
• Use excellent communication skills to influence a wide range of internal audiences including respective product, function, or executive management partners.
• Hold entire team accountable for meeting deliverables, adhering to Quality Assurance criteria. Use consistent methodology.
• Finalize audit findings and provide an overall opinion on the control environment. Communicate audit findings to management and identify opportunities for improvement in the design and effectiveness of key controls.
• Implement and execute an effective program of continuous monitoring for assigned areas, including monitoring of key metrics to identify control issues and adverse trends.
• Participate in major business initiatives and proactively advise and assist the business on change initiatives.
• Stay up-to-date with evolving industry and regulatory changes impacting the business.
• Build and maintain effective working relationships with Regulators and External Auditors.
• Manage expenses in accordance with a budget, solving for department inefficiencies and excess spending.
• Performs other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
• Possess strong project management and interpersonal skills.
• Makes sound decisions, exhibits initiative and intuitive thinking, and is oftentimes consulted by others for advice and opinions. Recognized as a leadership role model.
• In-depth understating of audit practices and methodologies, including risk assessment internal control concepts.
• Specific subject matter expertise regarding control disciplines, and a solid business understanding of Raymond James products and Services, especially those associated with the area of responsibility.
• Advanced investment concepts, practices and procedures used in the securities industry.
• Principles of banking and finance and securities industry operations.
• Financial markets and products.
• Managing direct reports including managers and Senior Auditors.
• Demonstrated ability and success in interacting and influencing senior leadership, including executive management.
• Experience in managing against deadlines associated with an annual audit plan.
• Strong analytical skills particularly in regard to assessing the probability and impact of a control weakness.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills, with the ability to present complex and sensitive issues to management in a persuasive manner.
• Enthusiastic, self-motivated, effective under pressure and willing to take personal risk and accountability.
• Proven ability to multitask as well as assess and change priorities.
• Ability to work well individually and in teams to share information, support colleagues and encourage participation.
Educational/Previous Experience Requirements:
• Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Finance, Accounting or a related field and a minimum of eight (8) years of experience in the financial services industry.
• Any equivalent combination of experience, education, and/or training approved by Human Resources.
• CIA, CPA, or CISA Auditing Certification(s) preferred.
Job: Auditing & Compliance
Organization: RJF Corporate
Title: Senior Manager Internal Audit (Capital Markets)
Location: FL-St. Petersburg-Saint Petersburg
Requisition ID: 2000978