BCD Travel Cloud Solutions Engineer in St. Petersburg, Florida
A culture of purpose: Where will your BCD M&E career take you?
As perfectionists, technologists, strategic thinkers and leaders in the industry, we believe culture is defined by its people. We are looking for exceptional people who rise to our standards while bringing their unique perspective to the table. Are you interested in adding to both our mission and our energy? If so, we want to hear from you!
Cloud Solutions Engineer
We are seeking a bright and highly motivated cloud engineer to join our team in developing highly scalable and fault tolerant cloud infrastructure developed on AWS to support our exciting and growing product catalog. You will be able to design and implement solutions from the ground up to optimize our architecture.
This role will challenge your problem-solving capabilities, communication skills, decision making ability, and stretch your creative mind.
• Execute on architecture design, while delivering operations and support excellence for all software platforms
• Contribute to core architecture design to support existing and new product lines
• Translate high level design to actionable requirements and engineering tasks
• Collaborate with teams to provide technical direction and guidance for cloud solutions
• Support internal and external teams to maintain the security, reliability and compliance of our cloud environments
• Develop and introduce best practices to streamline overall management and cloud environment
• Maintain and optimize the health of existing cloud infrastructure
• Proactively monitor, identify, root cause of system issues
• Develop and maintain processes and documentation such as SOP and runbook.
• Consult with teams and peers to assist in contributing to overall strategic direction
• Collaborate with teams to develop and expand cloud infrastructure portfolio of services to augment operational business practices.
You’re good at
• Design and implement AWS infrastructure environments to support and enhance web applications.
• Lead technical conversations with teams to develop practical solutions to move delivery of projects forward in a timely manner.
• Experience in effectively working with in a large global organization with a dispersed workforce Ability to quickly adapt to and learn new technologies and design methodologies.
• Strong problem-solving and communication skills
• Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously with strong attention to detail
• Ability to work well under pressure and adapt to ever-changing scenarios and priorities
• Capability of thinking innovatively and conceptually
You might also have
• 3+ years, with hands on experience with infrastructure, architecture and support.
• 2+ years’ experience with building, hosting and deploying applications utilizing AWS or relevant cloud platforms.
• Knowledge of managing web applications and services
• Experience with working in an Agile development environment
• Detailed domain knowledge of:- Infrastructure as code, i.e. CloudFormation - Containerization technologies including Docker, Kubernetes - NoSQL Document DBs and structured DBs including Mongo, MySQL and MS SQL - Network topologies and protocols - I/CD pipelines and methodologies - Linux and Windows OSes
• Deep domain knowledge of infrastructure security best practices
• Hands on experience with configuration and implementation of infrastructure monitoring tools
• Proficiency in bash scripting
• AWS Certified Solutions Architect Associate or Professional a bonus
• Experience in AWS in the media & production vertical a bonus
What we offer you
• A culture of purpose where we are invested in your happiness and career growth
• Competitive salary and benefits package
How to apply
Click apply now to be considered.
Get to know BCD M&E:
At BCD Meetings & Events (BCD M&E), we provide more than meeting and event planning and execution. We are in the business of creating impactful human connections that matter. Connections that inspire, motivate and change behavior for our customers. As the world’s most trusted and innovative meetings and events agency, BCD M&E cultivates a culture of people, passion and purpose to drive business forward.
Headquartered in Chicago, with locations in 50+ countries across the world, BCD M&E’s team of 1,500+ people are committed to driving success for our customers, our business and ourselves.
See if you belong at bcdme.com.
BCD Travel is committed to creating a diverse work environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age and veteran status. BCD Travel complies with applicable laws in the countries in which we operate. We endeavor to make this site accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.