State of Minnesota Workforce Development Spec 2 in St. Paul, Minnesota
The primary function of this position is to help assure and assist to carry out/fullfill the complex fiscal-related and unique monitoring requirements for DEED Employment and Training Programs Division (ETP) programs and grants (whether funded by state, federal or other). This position will be assisting the Division and all its' programs that have grantees to assure fiscal-related compliance to Uniform Guidance regulations and MN Office of Grants Management policies (OGM). Programs with grantees include but not limited to: "Pathways to Prosperity (Adult Career Pathways, etc), MN legislatively mandated pass through grants/direct appropriations, "Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act (WIOA), Adult and Dislocated Worker (DW) programs, State of Minnesota Dislocated Worker Program, Displaced Homemaker Program (DHP) State Appropriations, "Direct Appropriations, Senior Community Service Employment Program providers (SCSEP), MN Apprentice Initiative Program (MAI) TAA.
Job Duties include:
1) Procure-IT/ SWIFT compliance: The Employment and Training Programs (ETP) Division has program fiscal responsibility for its grants. The Procure-It system is one of the pieces of the ETP Division fiscal process. In order to issue any awards to grantees, the incumbent must take certain steps prior to issuing any awards.
2) The incumbent will receive, review, analyze and approve incoming monthly fiscal reports (CAPR/FSR/RPR) and applicable supporting documentation (as needed) from the grantees.
3) MN Office of Grants Management requires a formal close out process for all grants.
4) Monitoring: Grants over $250,000 need a 2nd year monitoring review based on MN Office of Grants Management policies, special conditions, federal regulations, etc. The incumbent will be required to not only track those grants (i.e. using grant end dates, etc.) that require additional reviews, but will also be required to be able to evaluate, review, summarize and complete a report with the required information available.
5) ETP's accounting structure is quite complex due to the number of funding sources (federal, state, special revenue). Funding needs to be tracked and analyzed to ensure proper charging of expenses and revenue. With over 60 funding streams and multiple years open in a given state fiscal year, it is imperative that accurate reporting and tracking is maintained to avoid loss of funding.
3 years of professional experience with contracts, leases or grants.
Knowledge of accounting practices and principles sufficient to review financial reports and recognize errors, inconsistencies and effect solutions.
Demonstrated experience and skills in using strong research, analytical and problem-solving skills.
Customer Service Experience
Demonstrated clear and concise communication, both spoken and in writing.
Proficiency with computer programs (Sharepoint, Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook)
Demonstrated experience with SWIFT
Knowledge of Minnesota Office of Grants Management policies and procedures.
This position requires successful completion of the following:
Resumes of all applicants to this posting will be evaluated against the Minimum Qualifications stated above. If your skills match the required skills for this position, the department may contact you. Employee reference checks will be conducted on all finalists. This may include a review of documentation related to job performance. It includes contact with the applicant's current and/or former employers.
A Criminal Background Check will be conducted on all finalists for this position. A criminal conviction will not automatically remove you from consideration for employment.
When the position requires travel and the applicant drives a state owned or leased vehicle, a driver's license and record check will be conducted.
Why Work For Us
GREAT BENEFITS PACKAGE! The State of Minnesota offers a comprehensive benefits package including low cost medical and dental insurance, employer paid life insurance, short and long term disability, pre-tax flexible spending accounts, retirement plan, tax-deferred compensation, generous vacation and sick leave, and 11 paid holidays each year.
How to Apply
Click "Apply" at the bottom of the page. If you have questions about applying for jobs, contact the job information line at 651-259-3637.
For additional information about the application process, go to http://www.mn.gov/careers.
If you have questions about the position, contact Sue Zeches at email@example.com or 651-259.7107.
The Department of Employment and Economic Development is an equal opportunity, affirmative action, and veteran-friendly employer, and encourages all qualified candidates to apply for job opportunities. If you are an individual with a disability who needs assistance or cannot access the online job application and search tools, please contact Karen Lilledahl at 651-259-7089 or Karen.Lilledahl@state.mn.us. Please indicate what assistance is needed.
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
The State of Minnesota is an equal opportunity, affirmative action, and veteran-friendly employer. We are committed to providing culturally responsive services to all Minnesotans. The State of Minnesota recognizes that a diverse workforce is essential and strongly encourages qualified women, minorities, individuals with disabilities, and veterans to apply.
We will make reasonable accommodations to all qualified applicants with disabilities. If you are an individual with a disability who needs assistance or cannot access the online job application system, please contact the job information line at 651-259-3637 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Please indicate what assistance you need.
Job Title: Workforce Development Spec 2
Location: St. Paul
Job ID: 39736
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
Who May Apply: Open to all qualified job seekers
Date Posted: 03/26/2020
Closing Date: 04/03/2020
Division/Unit: Employment and Training Programs-St. Paul
Work Shift: Day Shift
Work Hours: Day Shift
Work Shift/Work Hours: Day Shift
Days of Work: Monday - Friday
Travel Required: No
Salary Range: $23.44 - $34.38 /hourly; $48,943 - $71,785 /annually
Classified Status: Classified