Woodward Inc SALES/GLOBAL ACCOUNT MANAGER in St Louis, Missouri
Based in St. Louis, MO area and reporting to the Sales Director, is responsible for the overall customer satisfaction and serves as strategic contact with the customer. This position has complete responsibility for a global foundational customer(s) in this region and may have lower- level sales functions reporting. Accountable for development and execution of strategic sales plans for foundational customers or market groups that support company growth and profitability objectives.
The current foundational customer is Boeing Defense (St. Louis/St. Charles)
- Develop and nuture comprehensive strategic relationships with customers, with high level of direct(face to face) customer engagement
- Identify and develop new customers and new opportunities for Woodward's products and capabilities in the region
- Travel and meet directly with customers as necessary to solicit and secure first hand insight to guide successful win strategies
- Leads and/or supervises account management, program managementand sales support functions in meeting customer and sales objectives.
- Accountable for strategic customer account or program plans, which may include task integration and schedules.
- Accountable for forecasting assigned accounts monthly and yearly demand.
- Responsible for pricing strategies to achieve maximum margin, growth and financial targets.
- Sets metrics and reports performance results internally and to the customer.
- Preparesaccount or program reviews to senior management regarding schedule status, margin/cost performance and risks.
- Responsible for proper negotiations of contracts.
- Provides input to the development of new product strategies, support strategies and roadmaps to meet customer requirements.
- Pursues business expansion with existing customers through Engineering/Contract change proposes; new product/service offerings and unresolves customer training needs.
- Develops and drives execution of sales strategies for new and existing products or services, aligned with product roadmaps.
- Accountable for customer proposals.
- Develop and nurture strategic relationships with customers.
- Ensures internal communication/cooperation is achieved.
- Manage Channel Partner/Representative relationships to execute sales strategy.
- Mentor and provide career development for direct reports.
- Responsible for staffing and performance management of direct reports.
- Accountable for compliance of regulatory or customer specific requirement (i.e., warranty process, import/export, licenses, proprietary information, FAA, IC, etc.).
- Develop and manage a departmental budget.
- Responsible for program risk management, including monitoring program status and driving required actions to resolve issues.
- Responsible for engaging extended customer account team as appropriate.
- Accountable for receivables activity to payment terms.
- Ensures accuracy, distribution and record keeping of customer documentation per quality system standards.
- May be required to perform senior-level account management duties.
- Depending upon size of facility, may supervise otherfunctional areas within the location.
- May be responsible for demand management for a specific site as outlined in specific demand management procedures.
Materials and Equipment Used:
- General office equipment (computer, phone, fax, etc.).
Working Environment / Physical Activities:
- General office environment but may require visits to manufacturing environments.
- Significant travel, including international.
- Strong commercial skills including: selling process, pricing, costing, discount structures, terms and conditions, sales strategy development/execution, negotiating and sales proposal development.
- Must have demonstrated experience with Large account Management Tools like Miller Heiman and CRM
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Effective relationship management.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to identify and use available resources.
- Able to work independently, self-motivated.
- Goal oriented.
- Excellent presentation skills.
- Solid understanding of business financial analysis.
- Sound judgment and decision-making skills.
- Ability to resolve complex customer issues.
- May require multi-language capabilities.
- Verbal and written English is a basic requirement.
- Product and application knowledge.
- Strong organizational and planning skills.
- Able to lead and motivate direct reports.
- Ability to adapt to different cultures.
Education or Formal Training:
- Bachelor's Degree in engineering or business discipline.
- Additional formal training in specialized areas such as program management, negotiations and strategic selling.
- Masters in Business Administration a plus.
- Six Sigma training, minimum Champions Training.
- 5-10 years experience in an account management, sales and/or marketing role in related industry.
- 3-5 years leadership experience or demonstrated capabilities.
- Existing Customer relationships in the region, especially at Foundational Accounts a plus
Woodward is an independent designer, manufacturer, and service provider of control solutions for the aerospace and energy markets. Our aerospace systems and components optimize the performance of fixed wing and rotorcraft platforms in commercial, business and military aircraft, ground vehicles and other equipment. Our energy-related systems and components enhance the performance of industrial gas and steam turbines, reciprocating engines, compressors, wind turbines, electrical grids and other energy-related industrial equipment. The company’s innovative fluid energy, combustion control, electrical energy, and motion control systems help customers offer cleaner, more reliable and more efficient equipment. Our customers include leading original equipment manufacturers and end users of their products.
Woodward is an Equal Opportunity Employer
This position requires use of information which is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) and the Export Administration Regulations (EAR). All applicants must be U.S. persons within the meaning of ITAR and EAR, or possess all required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State Department and the U.S. Department of Commerce. ITAR defines a U.S. person as a U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. 'Green Card Holder'), Political Asylee, or Refugee.
Job: Account Management
Primary Location: United States-Missouri-St Louis
Schedule: FULL TIME
Shift: 1st Shift / Day Job
Job Posting: Mar 12, 2021, 7:53:56 AM
Req ID: 2100399