Washington University of St. Louis Financial Analyst - Olin Business School - 50638 in St. Louis, Missouri
This position is full-time and works approximately 37.5 hours per week.
Department Name/Job Location
This position is in the Department of Accounting at the Olin Business School. This position is for the Danforth Campus.
This position is responsible for developing, analyzing, monitoring, and presenting budgets and financial reports for the Olin Business School.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Develop, analyze, and monitor a set of budgets, ensuring they adhere to School and University requirements. Ensure the approved budget is reflected accurately in the overall School and University budget. In order to fully understand each department’s operation, it is important to meet regularly with and build relationships with Department Heads.
- Research and develop pro forma budgets for new initiatives.
- Determine reporting needs and create customized reports tailored to their specific operational needs. Remain current in new applications to ensure effective and efficient delivery of information.
- Analyze income and expenses and investigate issues. Identify opportunities to operate more efficiently.
- Prepare and deliver monthly budget analysis reports, including variance explanations and recommendations for addressing those variances.
- Audit/reconcile materials ensure the information meets Olin’s high standards. This includes reviewing own work and the work of others.
- Present financial reports to Associate Deans and Directors on a periodic basis.
- Work with Olin Accounting and University Central Finance quarterly to explain Core report variance explanations per the Core report schedule.
- Prepare budget packages for submission to the Sr. Associate Dean for Finance and Dean. Provide summarized and detailed reports on historical, current, and projected activity and footnote significant variances. Assist with presenting the information to Olin’s Senior Leadership Team.
- Ensure compliance with University and Olin financial policies. Oversee and approve unrestricted and restricted financial transactions. Provide guidance and training to department personnel. Reconcile accounts for accuracy.
- Work with University Central Finance to address financial issues, including but not limited to School Accounting, Financial Aid, Advancement, Gift Accounting, Payroll and Human Resources, Tax, and Accounts Payable.
- Provide backup for all Olin Departments and financial initiatives as assigned.
- Undergraduate degree in accounting or equivalent with three to five years of professional accounting experience and experience in budgeting, reporting, and analysis with the ability to draw conclusions and make recommendations based on developed information.
- Strong financial/transactional operations and workflow experience.
- Strong critical thinking and analytical skills.
- Excellent spreadsheet, word processing and database management skills.
- Experience in an academic environment and knowledge of fund accounting.
- Experience with Washington University Financial/Administrative Information Systems (e.g. Workday, Salesforce, Cognos).
The hiring range for this position is $49,043 - $66,787 annually.
All external candidates receiving an offer for employment will be required to submit to pre-employment screening for this position. Current employees applying for a new position within the university may be subject to this requirement. The screenings will include a criminal background check and, as applicable for the position, other background checks, drug screen, employment and education or licensure/certification verification, physical examination, certain vaccinations and/or governmental registry checks. All offers are contingent upon successful completion of required screening.
This position is eligible for full-time benefits. Please click the following link to view a summary of benefits: https://wustl.box.com/s/8wkhs25yssf0775x9d6nd6vqa7obpth7.
Washington University is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, genetic information, disability, or protected veteran status.
Job Title: Financial Analyst - Olin Business School - 50638
Job ID: 50638
Location: School of Business
Full/Part Time: Full-Time