Washington University of St. Louis Application Developer II - Washington University Information Technology - 47418 in St. Louis, Missouri
This position is full-time and works approximately 40 hours per week.
Department Name/Job Location
This position is in the Department of Washington University Information Technology. This position is for the Danforth Campus.
Under minimal supervision, provide cost-effective information technology solutions by creating new, modifying, and supporting existing software applications that are of a complex nature.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Middleware Analyst:
- Consulting with internal and external clients to model complex data interfaces.
- Develop and maintain the interfaces to both databases, external API’s, and web services.
- Develop and maintain the appropriate operational documentation for these interfaces.
- Plan and execute interface scheduling, and middleware server performance.
- Business Analyst:
- Engage with the university to analyze complex domains.
- Document the outcome of that analysis using industry standard templates and use case development tools.
- Develop Gap analysis of required functionality compared to current.
- Make recommendations of potential solutions to bridge defined gaps in both the short and longer timescales.
- Database Analyst:
- Consulting with internal and external clients to model complex data structures.
- Develop and maintain the database architecture.
- Develop and maintain the appropriate operational documentation for databases.
- Plan and execute data conversions, data structures and migrations.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Bachelor’s degree in a technical discipline such as Computer Science, plus 2 years relevant technology experience or equivalent combination of education & experience.
- Bachelor’s in a technical discipline.
- 5 years relevant technology experience.
- Prior experience in a higher education technology environment.
- Ability to acquire technical skills quickly from standardized training and online information, in addition to hands on work with team members.
- Knowledge of information technology topics (service bus architecture, database staging, master data integration, information accessing methods, etc.).
- Apply knowledge of Microsoft SQL server, supporting operating systems, transaction managers, database tools, utilities, gateways, and middleware to sustain operations.
- Strong communication and collaboration skills, with the ability to work as part of a team and independently.
- Engaged in continuous improvement of internal processes and procedures.
- Ability to consult with clients and higher level technicians and analysts to resolve technical problems and ensure customer satisfaction.
- Ability to interact with customers to discuss alternative technical solutions.
- Ability to work with only minimal supervision.
- Ability to learn quickly and adapt to new circumstances.
- Ability to work extra hours and recognize the need to do so.
- Ability to adjust scheduled time.
- Ability to adjust to change and demands on time.
The hiring range for this position is $64,854 - $84,365 annually.
All external candidates receiving an offer for employment will be required to submit to pre-employment screening for this position. Current employees applying for a new position within the university may be subject to this requirement. The screenings will include a criminal background check and, as applicable for the position, other background checks, drug screen, employment and education or licensure/certification verification, physical examination, certain vaccinations and/or governmental registry checks. All offers are contingent upon successful completion of required screening.
This position is eligible for full-time benefits. Please click the following link to view a summary of benefits: https://wustl.box.com/s/8wkhs25yssf0775x9d6nd6vqa7obpth7.
Washington University is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, genetic information, disability, or protected veteran status.
Job Title: Application Developer II - Washington University Information Technology - 47418
Job ID: 47418
Location: Danforth - Main Campus
Full/Part Time: Full-Time