Trinity Health Unit Secretary in Springfield, Massachusetts
The Unit Secretary is responsible for management of clerical tasks, activities and coordination and provides cooperative support and assistance to promote smooth operation. The Unit Secretary is cognizant of the philosophy, standards, objectives and policies of the department and hospital. Per Diem-IMC
PRIMARY JOB RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
Meets/greets patients/family/visitor in a pleasant manner assisting them with comfort needs though out their hospital stay.
- During CPOE down time or Capacity status Orange/Red transcribes physicians’ orders.
- Orders special equipment.
- Assembles medical charts and maintains charts by filing all necessary reports and results. Maintains confidentiality of the patient record.
- Orders and maintains appropriate clerical stock and supplies. Appropriately utilizes supplies and equipment in a cost effective manner.
- Answers telephone calls, responds to routine inquiries and relays messages. Responds to patient’s intercom calls and notifies appropriate personnel of patient’s request.
- Assists with the coordination of patient needs for satisfaction. Orders meals, calls housekeeping, and notifies management if concerns are heard in the department.
- Maintains a safe and organized work environment.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- High School/GED.
- Basic computer and fax skills.
- Effective interpersonal skills (communication, customer service, telephone skills).
- Effective organizational and problem solving skills.
- Requires exposure to blood and various body fluids, which require caution and use of established safety guidelines and equipment.
- Requires light physical effort on a regular basis, such as infrequent standing, walking, bending, stooping or reaching and/or occasional lifting of light to moderately heavy items with or without reasonable accommodations.
Job Number: 00206598
Location: Springfield, MA
Organization Name: Trinity Health Of New England
Facility: SPMA - Mercy Medical Center
Employment Type: Part time
Shift: Rotating Shift