Sabre Technical Communication Specialist in Southlake, Texas
Req ID: 53490
Job Family: Information Technology/Software Development
Sabre Corporation is a leading technology provider to the global travel and tourism industry. Headquartered in Southlake, Texas, USA, Sabre operates offices in approximately 60 countries around the world. At Sabre, we make travel happen. Positioned at the center of the business of travel, our platform connects people with experiences that matter in their lives. Today, Sabre is creating a new marketplace for personalized travel. It is our people who develop and deliver powerful solutions that meet the current and future needs or our airline, hotel and travel agency customers. Join our journey!
The Technology Strategy, Planning & Ops team, as a part of Global Product Development, supports continuous improvement in product development using tools like value stream management and lean product development. We aim to help our teams and leadership understand and radiate the cost and value of technology and products and to tell the Sabre tech story—to the business, our stakeholders, and our customers.
We’re looking to grow our team by adding people who are passionate about learning, about seeing the big picture, and about partnering with both business and technology colleagues. Working with partners throughout Sabre, we’ll shape the future of how we develop products to deliver greater value to our customers, faster.
The Technical Communications Specialist will work with senior leaders across Global Product Development and with the Global Communications team to craft strong stories around development progress and business value. Their primary focus will be on creating compelling, crisp, and clear messaging for our internal audiences.
Major Job Activities:
With support from the Director of Technology Strategy, Planning & Ops:
• Provide input and create presentations for the Board of Directors Technology Committee and Chairman
• Work closely with leaders to create compelling stories and presentations for quarterly leadership and companywide updates
• Ensure monthly operating reports are updated accurately and on time
• Assist in quarterly all-hands planning (including defining the agenda, creating presentations, and working with presenters to prepare)
• Assist in planning and creating materials for annual offsites
• Provide support for annual goal setting exercises and goal tracking/updates throughout the year
• Support organizational culture initiatives
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent
• 3 – 5 years’ experience
• Strong written and verbal communicator
• Storyteller – this may be a formal background in communications or consulting but may be less formal. Excel at seeing the big picture, understanding the audience, and at clearly articulating what the audience needs to know and why they should care
• Passion for technology
• PowerPoint ninja – extremely well versed in creating presentations for large audiences and executive decks
• Excellent collaborator
• Strong prioritization and planning skills – be able to balance multiple priorities
Sabre is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to applicants with disabilities. Applicants applying for a Sabre position with a disability who require a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process may contact Sabre's Compliance Office at email@example.com .
Sabre is an equal employment opportunity/affirmative action employer and is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to minorities, females, veterans, and disabled individuals. EEO IS THE LAW (http://www.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/poster_screen_reader_optimized.pdf)
Stay connected with Sabre Careers