Sabre Strategic Project Manager- Consultant in Southlake, Texas
Req ID: 53547
Job Family: Information Technology/Software Development
Sabre Corporation is a leading technology provider to the global travel and tourism industry. Headquartered in Southlake, Texas, USA, Sabre operates offices in approximately 60 countries around the world. At Sabre, we make travel happen. Positioned at the center of the business of travel, our platform connects people with experiences that matter in their lives. Today, Sabre is creating a new marketplace for personalized travel. It is our people who develop and deliver powerful solutions that meet the current and future needs or our airline, hotel and travel agency customers. Join our journey!
Principal Program Manager – Strategic Project Manager
The Technology Strategy, Planning & Ops team, as a part of Global Product Development, supports continuous improvement in product development using tools like value stream management and lean product development. We aim to help our teams and leadership understand and radiate the cost and value of technology and products and to tell the Sabre tech story—to the business, our stakeholders, and our customers.
We’re looking to grow our team by adding people who are passionate about learning, about seeing the big picture, and about partnering with both business and technology colleagues. Working with partners throughout Sabre, we’ll shape the future of how we develop products to deliver greater value to our customers, faster.
The Strategic Project Manager will work with senior leaders across Global Product Development, Product, Consulting, and other orgs to lead key initiatives. These initiatives may include development of new products, addressing operating issues, or improving efficiency and effectiveness. Their primary focus is a combination of project management and consulting to bridge the gap between strategy and implementation.
Major Job Activities:
With support from the Director of Technology Strategy, Planning & Ops:
• Act as the project lead/manager on key initiatives
• Partner with leaders and subject matter experts from across Sabre to develop insights on key initiatives, create recommendations and drive project execution
• Ensure projects progress on time and have clear goals and expected outcomes
• Facilitate goal setting and tracking exercises for Global Product Development throughout the year
• Support organizational culture initiatives
• Bachelor’s degree
• 8 years’ related experience or 6 years’ experience with a Master’s degree or equivalent
• Advanced project management, workflow analysis, and interpersonal skills
• Strong written and verbal communicator
• Adaptable, innovative, and committed to working collaboratively with a team at all levels
• Anticipates issues and finds solutions to mitigate
• Passion for technology
• Strong prioritization and planning skills – be able to balance multiple priorities
• Comfort with taking educated risks, excitement to pilot new ideas, research best practices, and reflect on experience for continuous improvement
Sabre is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to applicants with disabilities. Applicants applying for a Sabre position with a disability who require a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process may contact Sabre's Compliance Office at firstname.lastname@example.org .
Sabre is an equal employment opportunity/affirmative action employer and is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to minorities, females, veterans, and disabled individuals. EEO IS THE LAW (http://www.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/poster_screen_reader_optimized.pdf)
Stay connected with Sabre Careers