ViacomCBS Sports Sales Executive, Melbourne in South Yarra, Australia
Who is 10 ViacomCBS?
10 ViacomCBS Australia & New Zealand is a division of ViacomCBS International Networks – which in turn is a division of ViacomCBS. ViacomCBS is a global media and entertainment organisation with some of the best known and loved brands in the world, employing 1,500+ employees in A/NZ and 15,000+ globally. We deliver content that is premium and differentiated to the young and young at heart in the way they want it via an enhanced viewing ecosystem.
We create content that gets people talking. What’s more, you’ll find all those great shows (and more) on our free-to-air channels (10, 10 Peach, 10 Shake and 10 Bold), subscription channels (MTV, Nickelodeon, Nick Jr. and Comedy Central), our digital platform 10 Play and subscription video on demand service Paramount+.
Here’s just a few reasons why 92% of our employees will recommend 10 ViacomCBS to a friend:
• Broadcast Media is one of the most sought-after industries, even more so in the current economic climate
• $90,000 package + bonus incentive and salary sacrifice options
• Parental Leave (14 weeks paid leave to parents who have been with the business for 12 months)
• Learning & Development (including study support, our Propel Program and LinkedIn Learning access)
• Career Opportunities (mentoring programs and robust internal promotion policies
• Reward & Recognition Programs
• Subscriptions to Paramount+, MTV Play & Noggin
• Discounts from the likes of Apple, LG, Microsoft, JB-HIFI, BMW, Audi and Mazda
• Tickets including Australia’s A League, or maybe you’d enjoy being in the audience to watch your favourite shows?
• Diversity, Equity & Inclusion Action Plan and RAP (Reconciliation Action Plan) Australian leader in D,E&I across the commercial media industry
• Top 100 Global Workplaces with The Best D&I Initiatives (Mogul, 2021)
• Health (corporate rates with gyms, health clubs, aquatic centres, HCF & Weight Watchers)
• Mental Health (EAP, also including Thrive and Headspace apps)
• Remote/Flexible working arrangements
• Social Events
JOB OVERVIEW DETAILS
The role of the Sport Sales Executive is to drive revenue from our sporting properties and events.
More specifically you’ll be doing things like this:
• Sales & Prospecting
• Client Negotiation of Sports Media Partnerships
• Client account management
• Brand Integration Ideation & Implementation skills
What are we looking for? What’s essential?
• Passionate Sports interest & Football Knowledge preferred
• Ability to work in a team with various stakeholders
• Sales / Negotiation / Presentation Skills
Extra points for background in the following (not essential):
• Sport Media Sales experience
• Media Sales experience
Our company values inform our thoughts, words, and actions:
• Optimism & Determination
• Inclusivity & Collaboration
• Agility & Adaptability
At 10 ViacomCBS, there is no such thing as the 'perfect candidate’
Seeing responsibilities and competencies laid out on paper can be confronting. At this stage of the recruitment process, sometimes imposter syndrome can creep in and mess with our confidence.
Please know that we list these items to give you an opportunity to show us your potential and how you can grow and transform with us. Your ability to demonstrate that you have the real potential to develop the required capabilities, knowledge, and experience to perform in this role is what we would like to hear from you. Where possible, you should support your claims with specific examples of what you have done, and how you did it.
However you identify, and whatever your background may be, please apply if this is a role that would make you excited to come into work every day!
We embrace difference and we welcome applications from people of all backgrounds regardless of factors such as race, colour, sex, language, religion, political or other opinion, national or social origin, property or birth. These grounds also include age, nationality, marital status, disability, place of residence and sexual orientation.
ViacomCBS is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) including disability/vet.
At ViacomCBS, the spirit of inclusion feeds into everything that we do, on-screen and off. From the programming and movies we create to employee benefits/programs and social impact outreach initiatives, we believe that opportunity, access, resources and rewards should be available to and for the benefit of all. ViacomCBS is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, creed, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, and Veteran status.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access. https://www.viacomcbs.com/careers as a result of your disability. You can request reasonable accommodations by calling 212.846.5500 or by sending an email to email@example.com. Only messages left for this purpose will be returned.