POWDR Human Resources Assistant (PT Seasonal) in Soda Springs, California
General Statement to All Employees:
Boreal Ridge Corporation is committed to success in all of its endeavors. The corporation is comprised of Boreal Mountain Resort, Soda Springs Winter Resort and Woodward Tahoe Action Sports Training Center. The successful employee will possess a passion for our sports, business, customers and employees. We expect our employees to have a "can do", positive attitude toward top performance, growth and development with excellent communication skills embodied in a collaborative style. Finally, we strive to find an entrepreneurial spirit for innovation which will differentiate us from our competitors.
Please be aware incomplete applications will not be accepted or reviewed.
Boreal Ridge Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
This is a 20 hour a week position through April 31st, 2021. Part time Seasonal - Temporary.
Under the general supervision of the HR Specialists, the Human Resource Assistant is responsible for performing a wide variety of routine administrative services. This position carries out responsibilities in the following functional areas: general HR administration, employee relations, maintaining documentation accuracy from managers, on-boarding, and employment law compliance.
- Effectively create and maintain personnel files, miscellaneous paperwork, Federal Documents for both active and separated employees.
- Is committed to creating a positive experience out of every interaction with our employees and guests.
- Distribute uniforms to all BRC employees, ensuring they maintain a professional image.
- Ensure all work areas are locked when not in use and at the end of every shift before clocking out.
Follow all Standard Operating Procedures and HR Level Standards.
Maintains the confidentiality of sensitive information (e.g. wage data, medical information, personnel files, EEO information),
Prepares a variety of reports and related documents (e.g. verification requests of employment, folders, paperwork,)
- Supports the HR Specialists for the purpose of assisting in the performance of their work activities.
- Maintains personnel files in compliance with applicable legal requirements.
Welcome new employees to the organization and acts as a back-up the HR Team.
Provides secretarial support by entering, formatting and printing information; organizing work; answering the phones and emails; relaying messages; maintaining equipment and supplies.
- Maintains manual and electronic documents, files and records (e.g. personnel records, employee lists, etc.) for the purpose of providing accurate information in compliance with established guidelines.
- Extremely Detail Oriented
- Proficient in Microsoft Software
- Ability to lift 50 pounds
- Ability to sit for 4+ hours at a time
- Can work weekends, and is flexible with scheduling needs
- Touch typing skills
- Ability to file for 4+ hours at a time
- Interest in Human Resources.
- Experience in administrative office work.
- Knowledge of effective human resources practices, methods and processes.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both verbal and written.
- Ability to operate a busy administrative office.
- Demonstrated ability to develop working relationships at all levels of the organization.
- Demonstrated abilities in problem solving and organizational skills.
- Effective interpersonal, communication and leadership skills.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of information.
- Initiative and ability to work independently and as a member of a team.
- Can handle fast paced, potentially high-pressure environment.
- Follows established policies and procedures.
Follow-up with managers to ensure accuracy and completeness of paperwork and be comfortable with providing direction.
Some flexibility in hours is allowed, but the employee must be available during the "core" work hours of 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. and able to work weekends and holidays.
Issues name badges and staff and dependent passes as per company policy only.
Knows and complies with all company policies, regulations and laws.
Accurately and promptly completes and returns employment verifications as appropriately requested.
Is willing and able to acknowledge when other members of the HR team are in need of assistance, and offers help without being asked.
- Demonstrates pride & loyalty to the Boreal Ridge Corporation Brand by supporting company decisions and acting as an advocate for those decisions.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled