Raven Aerostar Technical Solutions Senior Full Stack Engineer in Sioux Falls, South Dakota
Senior Full Stack Engineer
COMPANY: Raven Industries
Sioux Falls, SD, US, 57104-5931 Ames, IA, US, 50010
REQ ID: 28223
For 60 years, Raven has developed, marketed, and produced technical solutions to great challenges. Utilizing our strength in engineering, manufacturing, and technological innovation, Raven today is a leader in precision agriculture, high-performance specialty films, and situational awareness markets. Our purpose to Solve Great Challenges is bold and authentic; it keeps us grounded in markets that have meaning, provide profitable growth, and align with our values.
Raven Applied Technology is dedicated to feeding a growing world population. How would you like to see your creation every time you take a drive through the countryside and know it is putting food on the table? Our technology in precision agriculture drives tractors down the field, wirelessly connects the field and the office, and protects the environment with controlled outputs. Join our team, and help farmers around the world grow more with less.
Raven Applied Technology is currently seeking a Senior Full Stack Engineer. You will be responsible for the design device native and browser based applications and APIs that connect our autonomous vehicles and off-board platforms, using various cloud based computer, storage and network resources. Take projects from concept and design stage through production stage and make modifications as necessary. Essential Functions
• Work as a member of a software team to generate working software within a sprint cycle.
• Provide divisional support to analyze software.
• Write, develop, evaluate and document new and modified software programs using test driven development (TEST METHODS) methodologies.
• Build off existing automated systems test environments and simulation software.
• Conduct manual test and prepare software applications for field and customer installation.
• Support end users, including software troubleshooting and training.
• Research, investigate, and select technical data pertinent to the assigned project.
• Work with internal teams and external sources to obtain and communicate data relative to engineering requirements.
• Facilitate software asset management, including maintenance contracts.
• Prepare and present technical reports and recommendations on projects.
• Administer and implement new testing frameworks, deployment tools and simulation testbeds.
• Participate in department improvement activities. Qualifications
• Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, in field related to specific position.
• 3+ years experience with front-end frameworks such as react or other MVC full-stack frameworks.
• 3+ years experience with API design.
• Strong data modeling and database connectivity skills.
• Comfortable with enterprise distributed revision controlled systems such as GitHub GitLabs.
• Ability to write unit and integration tests and incorporate them into automated build/test/deploy pipelines.
• Familiar with Docker containerization and remote container repositories.
• Experience with AWS, GCP or Azure cloud infrastructure.
• Experience with autonomous vehicle systems, computer vision, machine learning a plus.
• Specific skills, proficiencies, and knowledge in field related to position, as identified by department leadership.
• Ability to apply design theory and methodology.
• High level of customer service skills.
• Knowledge of manufacturing techniques is preferred.
• Well-developed problem analysis and problem solving techniques.
• Proficiency with a computer, including use of Microsoft Word and Excel.
• Team player who is self-motivated, and has ability to work with minimal supervision.
• Ability to communicate effectively with team members and leadership staff.
Raven is an EO employer - M/F/Vets/Disabled.