Hilton Pastry Chef, Osteria Mozza - Hilton Singapore Orchard in Singapore, Singapore
A Pastry Chef, Osteria Mozza performs all Pastry Kitchen and Bakery related work in the day-to-day operation of the kitchen. This role assumes total responsibility, controls, checks and supervises the Pastry Kitchen and Bakery as assigned by the Executive Chef, Osteria Mozza. He/ she will assume the responsibility for the “on the job” training function.
What will I be doing?
As the Pastry Chef, Osteria Mozza, you will be responsible for performing the following tasks to the highest standards:
- Assist the Executive Chef, Osteria Mozza with the planning of dessert menus and food promotions.
- Control standards of food production and presentation throughout the hotel.
- Examine goods and quality of received goods and report to Executive Chef, Osteria Mozza on irregular items
- Ensure the Commis Cook follow standard recipes and methods of preparation.
- Assist the Executive Chef, Osteria Mozza with the planning and designing of new Pastry Kitchen and Bakery improvement schemes.
- Discuss with the Executive Chef, Osteria Mozza on the choice of Pastry Kitchen or Bakery equipment.
- Keep up to date with new development techniques and equipment, instructing assigned team members on the correct usage.
- Assist with costing and pricing of dessert menus and other food services, taking into consideration the profit margins lined out in the hotel budgets.
- Liaise with banquet department and outlet manager on guests’ comments and follow up with necessary action.
- Constantly examine food supplies to ensure that they conform to quality standards stipulated by the company.
- Responsible for food purchases, working with the Purchasing Manager to get the best quality for the best price.
- Responsible for the quality of food prepared in the kitchen under your supervision, constantly inspecting taste, temperature and visual appeal of the food.
- Plan, prepare and implement high quality food products and set-ups in all areas and restaurants.
- Maintain all HACCP aspects within the hotel operation.
- Train all team members on the correct usage of all equipment, tools and machines.
- Focus on constant improvement of training manuals and SOPs.
- Participate actively in quality initiatives such as daily Chef briefings and monthly team meetings in order to constantly improve the culinary operation, meet targets and keep communication flowing.
- Work on off-site events when necessary.
- Complete tasks and jobs outside the kitchen areas when requested.
- Assist with inventory taking.
- Knowledgeable about hotel’s occupancy, events, forecasts and achievements.
- Work on new dishes for food tastings and photo taking.
- Work closely with the stewarding department to ensure high levels of cleanliness and low levels of lost and breakages.
- Learn and adapt to changes.
- Be receptive to constructive feedback.
- Maintain at all times a professional and positive attitude towards team members and supervisors.
- Adhere to established hotel rules and team member handbook, ensuring all team members under your supervision do so as well for the department to operate smoothly.
- Be disciplined and adhere to proper work practices at all times for yourself and team members assigned to you.
- Maintain good personal hygiene, clean uniforms, proper sanitation and cleanliness of the workstations and work tools.
- Be aware of the dangers of contaminated food and ensue ingredients in the refrigerators are checked and replaced appropriately.
- Check that all equipment is in good working order and if necessary, report to the Executive Chef, Osteria Mozza faults and problems to be solved.
- Prepare the necessary work orders for the Engineering department.
- Monitor food quality and quantity to ensure the most economical usage of ingredients.
- Check that the quality of food prepared by team members meet the required standards and make necessary adjustments.
- Select team members who display qualities and attributes that reflect the department standards.
- Manage the training function and ensure all team members are certified in their position before taking charge of an area of responsibility.
- Monitor the overall food operation and ensure that food items are being prepared in a timely and correct manner.
- Oversee the cleanliness, hygiene and maintenance of the kitchen and undertake the necessary steps to maintain the highest possible standard in this area.
- Attend communication meetings and ensure all assigned team members receive this communication.
- Control and monitor optimum food costs to yield maximum amount of outlet profit and maximum guest satisfaction.
- Understand, practice and promote teamwork to achieve missions, goals, and overall departmental standards.
- Ensure that all team members have a complete understanding of and adhere to the hotel’s team member rules and regulations.
- The Management reserves the right to make changes to this job description at its sole discretion and without advance notice.
- Carry out any other reasonable duties and responsibilities as assigned.
What are we looking for?
A Pastry Chef, Osteria Mozza serving Hilton Brands is always working on behalf of our Guests and working with other Team Members. To successfully fill this role, you should maintain the attitude, behaviours, skills, and values that follow:
- High School graduate or qualification in Pastry.
- 2 to 3 years of experience as Pastry Chef in a 4/ 5-star category hotel or individual restaurants with high standards.
- Up to date with local sanitation regulation.
- Possess a valid Food Hygiene certificate.
- Knowledgeable in HACCP.
- International work experience.
- Work experience in similar capacity with international chain hotels.
- Technical education in hospitality or culinary school preferred.
What will it be like to work for Hilton?
Hilton is the leading global hospitality company, spanning the lodging sector from luxurious full-service hotels and resorts to extended-stay suites and mid-priced hotels. For nearly a century, Hilton has offered business and leisure travelers the finest in accommodations, service, amenities and value. Hilton is dedicated to continuing its tradition of providing exceptional guest experiences across its global brands (http://jobs.hiltonworldwide.com/our-brands/index.php) . Our vision “to fill the earth with the light and warmth of hospitality” unites us as a team to create remarkable hospitality experiences around the world every day. And, our amazing Team Members are at the heart of it all!
Title: Pastry Chef, Osteria Mozza - Hilton Singapore Orchard
Requisition ID: HOT07WIE