Procter & Gamble Associate Researcher, Process Development, Hair Care in Singapore, Singapore
Overview of the job
Keen to get your hands-on innovative formulations and manufacturing process for our Hair Care products like Pantene, Head and Shoulders, Rejoice, Herbal Essences?
Do you know that P&G’s Hair Care Business in Asia is a strategically important part of our global Hair Care organization? It is a dynamic and evolving market with ample opportunities to tap on, innovate and derive meaningful consumer insights!
In this role, you will develop expertise in innovating and developing process to make delightful products at the right quality and best value. Your key mission is to penetrate the science behind our state-of-the-art processing technologies and help manufacture and supply these to our consumers.
If this sounds exciting to you, read on!
Located at the P&G Singapore Innovation Center, you will part of the Hair Care Research & Development organization. You will have the opportunity work in multi-functional teams and engage with both internal and external partners.
How success looks like
Over time, the successful candidate will become a formulations and manufacturing process development specialist in the Hair Care category.
Success in this role is to lead the technical and business aspects of process development, manufacturing and supply of all Hair Care brands across Asia including Pantene, Head and Shoulders, Rejoice, Herbal Essences and others.
You will demonstrate proficiency in designing and delivering hair care products formulation and manufacturing process.
With exposure to the variety of technologies and techniques, you will build and utilize your technical expertise to meet project requirements and business needs.
*Key Responsibilities *
- Own part of the formulation work and manufacturing process development work.
- Partner with technologists, manufacturing sites and business teams to develop and deliver innovations to all in markets in Asia
- Identify, manage and communicate risk while developing robust contingency plans
Capture key insights and technical findings from researches and share results and recommendations in a clear, succinct manner.
Diploma in Chemistry, Chemical Engineering, Material Sciences, Mechanical Engineering or related fields
- 2-3 years relevant experience and/or working knowledge in consumer product formulations and manufacturing technologies (Microfluidics/Fluid mechanics knowledge is advantageous)
- Strong ownership and leadership skills to understand the business objective, local context and business landscape to deliver the required outcomes
- Effective oral and written communication skills is a must.
- Able to work independently, prioritize and perform in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent problem-solving skills, critical thinking and ability to use data to connect multiple ideas and develop solutions.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills to connect with people from different cultures and levels, both internally and externally.
- Able to understand Chinese language technical terms in the Chemical/ Mechanical areas will be an advantage due to the work involving the China market.
We produce globally recognized brands and we grow the best business leaders in the industry. With a portfolio of trusted brands as diverse as ours, it is paramount our leaders are able to lead with courage the vast array of brands, categories and functions. We serve consumers around the world with one of the strongest portfolios of trusted, quality, leadership brands, including Always®, Ariel®, Gillette®, Head & Shoulders®, Herbal Essences®, Oral-B®, Pampers®, Pantene®, Tampax® and more. Our community includes operations in approximately 70 countries worldwide.
Visit http://www.pg.com to know more.
Our consumers are diverse and our talents - internally - mirror this diversity to best serve it. That is why we’re committed to building a winning culture based on Inclusion and our ideal candidate is passionate about the same principle: you will join our daily effort of being “in touch” so we craft brands and products to improve the lives of the world’s consumers now and in the future. We want you to inspire us with your unrivaled ideas.
We are committed to providing equal opportunities in employment. We do not discriminate against individuals on the basis of race, color, gender, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, citizenship, disability, veteran status, HIV/AIDS status, or any other legally protected factor.
Job: Research & Development
Title: Associate Researcher, Process Development, Hair Care
Requisition ID: RND00004940