TriMas Corporation Production Supervisor in Simi Valley, California
Supervises production employees (1^st, shift) in the fabrication and processing of Aerospace ducting, Ozone Convertors & Connectors, sub-assemblies and parts.
Assures safe working environment. Complies with all EH&S rules and regulations as well as actively participating in Safety Meetings.
● Follows direction of functional Operations Director and Cell Managers to meet daily production schedules and reports status.
● Works as a team with functional area supervisors and managers to accomplish objectives and meet customer requirements of quality, service and performance expectations.
● Supports and communicates information timely between company and employees.
● Implements company policy.
● Maintains a clean and orderly work environment.
● Responsible for identifying and eliminating waste in all phases of the production processes.
● Trains, cross-trains and maintains proficiency records of employees.
● Recommends promotion of qualified and skilled workers.
● Reviews, counsels, evaluates, and disciplines employees as necessary.
● Prepare yearly performance reviews and disciplinary actions while taking steps required to help employees improve/develop in both instances.
● Identifies Recommends proper staffing levels based on production needs.
● Monitors and controls cost of manufacturing, including material usage and overtime
● Maintains employee records.
● Reviews workmanship and handling related problems.
● Recognize, address, and implement process problems with Production and Engineering.
● Assures proper maintenance of equipment and tooling.
● Assist /BOM & ERP System updates / alignment.
● Understand Optics in order to reject or accept the parts through critical process.
● Sustain 5s in the work environment.
Ensure necessary supplies and tools are provided.
● Supervises accurate and timely reporting of WIP movement utilizing dispatch lists.
● Maintains inventory control and accuracy.
● Understands lean manufacturing and SPC principles and applies them within the production environment.
● Provides production assistance to support groups.
● Monitor, control and report employee labor efficiency to work order standards.● Learn Coating systems and interface with Coatings.