Fiserv Infrastructure Engineering - Professional in Short Hills, New Jersey
What does a great Infrastructure Engineer do?
As an Infrastructure Engineer in our Platform Engineering and Operations team, you will be part of a supportive and flexible environment that encourages thinking outside of the box. Working with other members of the Technical Operations team, you will be responsible for supporting our Windows and virtualized infrastructure in a mixed on-premise and cloud environment. You will be part of a local team who will work very closely with the broader Operations team located in multiple offices globally.
This position is internally facing within our Development environment and supports other Fiserv associates enabling them to in turn provide world class products and support for our clients. You will have the opportunity to strongly contribute to the security and compliance of our environment. The role will include patching, vulnerability remediation, Active Directory management and day-to-day support of our infrastructure. You will also have opportunities to help evolve our processes to support the development team’s transition to Agile.
In supporting the existing infrastructure, you will work with a range of technologies including but not limited to: Windows operating systems, Active Directory, Microsoft System Center Configuration Manager (SCCM), VMware virtualization, cloud infrastructure (Azure/AWS) as well as many other tools. You will also have opportunities to learn and support key aspects of our Fiserv products running on these platforms.
As an ideal candidate, you will have experience working in a DevOps environment and possesses skills supporting: Windows systems and tools both in on-premise and cloud providers (Azure\AWS). You will also need to be self-motivated, possess strong troubleshooting skills as well as customer service skills, and be forward thinking, able to work well both on your own and within a group, be organized and continuously striving for excellence in a fast-paced environment supporting multiple internal systems and technologies.
The qualified candidate is may be required to provide afterhours support, if the need arises.
Basic Qualifications for Consideration:
• Education: Bachelor’s Degree in Information Technology, Computer Science or equivalent experience
• Job Related Experience: Must have at least 3 years of experience maintaining Windows systems
• Strong troubleshooting skills necessary to diagnose and repair system problems
• Comfortable working in an enterprise environment interacting with and supporting both remote systems and teams
• Proficient with enterprise level security
• Strong analytical and problem-solving skills necessary to accurately diagnose and repair system problems
• Capable of receiving, diagnosing and solving associate requests relating to the infrastructure for a global company
• Use system management software and appropriate analysis tools to identify and report on service performance, including proposals for improvement
• Aptitude for monitoring alerts and maintaining infrastructure compliance to corporate security policies
• Ability to follow established guidelines to accomplish tasks and solve complex problems
• Fluent in documenting processes and utilizing change management
• Experience with the public cloud (Azure, AWS, Skytap)
• Complete other tasks as assigned
• Applicable certifications a strong plus
Preferred Skills and Experience:
• Proficient with Microsoft SCCM for deployment of both updates and applications
• Prior exposure and participation in and helping ensure passage of PCI assessments or other audits
Travel required: Less than 10%, depending on location
Who We Are: The Technical Operations team is part of Fiserv’s Bank Solutions division and we are closely associated with the development arm of the division. We are responsible for end-to-end delivery of infrastructure and services for nearly 2,000 Fiserv associates across multiple locations. Our Technical Operations teams are primarily