Citizens Options Unlimited Direct Support Prof. Citizens Shoreham Gardenview C Location Sun & Mon 11p-7a 16 hrs per week in Shoreham, New York
Devel Disab Spec
Shoreham, NY, USA
Direct Support Prof. Citizens Sun & Mon 11p-7a 16 hrs per week Shoreham Gardenview C Location
The pay range for this position is starting at $14.00 and above based on experience and education
Citizens offers a variety of residential supports based upon the level of support and supervision required by each person to include Individualized Residential Alternatives (IRA’s) and Intermediate Care Facilities (ICF’s).
- High School Diploma or equivalent preferred
- Valid New York State Driver’s License that is also qualified in accordance with agency’s insurance standards
- Successful completion and maintenance of AMAP status
- Ability to communicate and understand written and oral directives/information
- Excellent team player with a positive attitude.
Primary duties and responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Practices and promotes Citizens mission statement in every interaction.
- Supports people to live the life they choose
- Provide ongoing support to people in becoming active participants in every aspect of their lives (i.e., self-care routines to include feeding, showering, dressing and diapering), health, safety, household chores, socialization and overall well being) and to ensure that a high quality of life is maintained
- Ensures a safe and clean home by providing support to people to assist them with the completion of household chores and by participating in said household chores as needed.
- Successfully completes and maintains AMAP certification and assists people supported with medication administration according to the AMAP policy and procedures
- Supports people in preparing meals by teaching concepts such as diet adherence, portion control and cooking skills.
Posted: February 22, 2021