AdventHealth Child Care Teacher Relief in Shawnee, Kansas
- Providing faith-based, whole person care to Kansas City since 1962
- Excellent health benefits, an onsite child care center and fitness facility
- Tuition reimbursement to support continuing education
- Employee Referral Program
- Largest health care provider in Johnson County with three campuses
- Maintains a positive attitude to keep customers delighted.
- Supervises, interacts and guards the safety of children at all times.
- Demonstrates the ability to accept and adjust to change.
- Displays pride and professionalism in their work.
- Is attentive and sensitive to the needs of other staff members, the children, the families, and the childcare center.
- Works in a positive and timely manner, working as a team to enhance the experience of the children, the families, each other, and the childcare center.
- Communicates effectively in the following manner:
- Greets child and parent by name each day upon arrival at the Center.
- Discusses the child’s day with the parent and acknowledges their departure.
- Communicates with all associates in a timely manner.
- Meets in-service and continuing education requirements as per department policy by the last day of the licensing year.
- Maintains standards as outlined by Kansas Health Department licensing.
- Maintains sanitary conditions in room with children while adhering to infection prevention policies.
- Develops and implements age appropriate curriculum (lesson plans) and monthly goals to meet children’s developmental needs, accreditation criteria, and department philosophy. Plans are submitted on time.
- On an on-going basis, plan, evaluate and improve the physical environment in the classroom to create opportunities to meet the changing needs of the developing child.
- Provide responsive care to all children by adapting daily care giving routines and plans to the interests and needs of the individual child and the group.
- Provides a developmentally appropriate classroom environment that reflects the children’s learning and growth.
- Models exemplary behavior in a manner which results in productive use of time and successful accomplishment of tasks.
- Informs proper associate as changes occur to adult/child ratios to provide appropriate staffing needs.
- Ability to work with children who have special health and/or developmental needs.
- Willingness to learn and use technology.
- Other duties as assigned
- High School Diploma or Equivalent
- Associates Degree preferred
- Computer Skills
- Communication Skills
- Clear understanding of curriculum standards
- No Previous Experience Required
- 1-2 years of position-related experience preferred
- CPR Certification preferred
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not tolerate discrimination based on race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, marital status, age or disability/handicap with respect to recruitment, selection, placement, promotion, wages, benefits and other terms and conditions of employment.