Amentum Network Administrator 3 in Shaw AFB, South Carolina
Purpose and Scope:
The incumbent, under minimal supervision, performs the network/system administration and help desk functions supporting a designated customer contract or program.
· Supports the design, installation, maintenance, administration, and support of internal computer systems and networks in a multi-protocol LAN/WAN environment.
· Assists with basic configuration, monitoring, maintenance and analysis of data processing equipment, databases and video systems.
· Installs and upgrades operating systems and other application software in a LAN/WAN client/server environment.
· Provides Help Desk support, including troubleshooting and problem resolution, for all LAN/WAN hardware and software.
· Maintains and manages connectivity through the use of TCP/IP, IPX/SPX, NDS, NT Domain strategies and protocols.
· Maintains and manages cross platform inter-connectivity including communication protocols, directory services and log in authentication.
· Maintains and manages connectivity between multiple remote locations through the use of WAN equipment and services.
· Maintains and manages LAN/WAN security requirements through proper software/hardware tools and procedures including router and firewall management.
· Provides end-to-end support for remote users of specialized remote control computer systems.
· Assists with consultation in network and computer operations, design, planning, and maintenance.
· May support research and contribute recommendations for products for evaluation, testing, implementation and integration.
· Perform all other position related duties as assigned or requested.
Associates degree preferred in a technical discipline or equivalent academic, military or technical training and 5 years of directly related experience, including 1 year long-haul communications control and basic database administration. Possess 2 years of C4ISR experience. Completion of technical training courses and/or specialized certification programs, such as Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA) preferred. Possess Comp TIA Security+ Certification. Trained in information assurance to DoD 8570.01-M IAT Level II. The incumbent must have demonstrated skills, knowledge, and technical competence in the maintenance and management of LAN/WAN computer software and hardware and video systems. Possess thorough knowledge of network topology, communication standards, protocols, data transmission technology, and routers/switches. Demonstrated experience in multi-protocol client server environments. Must be self- directed and able to establish and meet project guidelines/timelines. Possess communications skills capable of writing recommendations, reports, purchase justifications, memos, and miscellaneous documentation. Verbal Communication skills to allow for interacting with all unit employees. Must possess and maintain an active TS-SCI security clearance and possess avalid governement issued driver’s license.
EOE including Disability/Protected Veterans. If you are an applicant with a disability that requires a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, or are limited in the ability—or unable to use—the online application system and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact our Reasonable Accommodation Helpline at 1-888-877-3181 or 301-944-3299 or email email@example.com for assistance. In order to address your request, the following information is needed:
Upon receipt of this information we will respond to you promptly to obtain more information about your request.