Marriott Manager, Compensation & Benefits, China in Shanghai, Hong Kong
Job Number 21013655
Job Category Human Resources
Location Shanghai Operations, 9/F Tower B One ITC, Shanghai, Shanghai, Hong Kong VIEW ON MAP (https://www.google.com/maps?q=Shanghai+Operations%2C9%2FF+Tower+B+One+ITC%2CShanghai%2CShanghai%2CHK)
Position Type Management
Marriott International is the world’s largest hotel company, with more brands, more hotels and more opportunities for associates to grow and succeed. We believe a great career is a journey of discovery and exploration. So, we ask, where will your journey take you?
As an integral part of the Asia Pacific Compensation & Benefits team, the Compensation and Benefits (C&B) Manager will support the C&B operations for China. This position will be the contact point for all China C&B needs. This position will support Marriott’s compensation philosophy and programs/processes to ensure compliance with applicable laws, regulations and policies.
Education and Experience
· Bachelor’s Degree, preferably in human resources, business administration or finance, from an accredited university.
· 5-8 years of solid compensation and benefits experience. Experience in consulting and project management will be advantageous.
Skills and Competencies
· Must have strong analytical skills, excellent interpersonal skills, and a strong understanding of customer service.
· Demonstrated experience interacting effectively as a team member or consultant with all levels of associates.
· Ability to perform independently under limited supervision.
· Strong MS Office skills, especially in Excel.
CORE WORK ACTIVITIES
Daily C&B Operations for GMs in China
· Responsible for the GM Comp Proposal, Offer Letter, IPAF Preparation. Ensure up to date maintenance and proper documentation of GM Compensation information.
· Supports direct manager in the deployment of property Level C&B Communication to Region or Area HR when required.
Compensation & Benefits Survey in China
· Supports direct manager to drive the regional office survey and the Mercer property level survey in China.
· Is responsible for activities including data collection and validation of the submitted data to meet timelines. Analyses survey results and updating of the GM and Executive Committee salary structure. Participate in any calls or meetings relating to the surveys.
Annual Compensation Cycle in China
· Supports direct manager in the execution of the annual compensation cycle (including salary Increase, short term incentive plans for property level – General Managers (GMs), Excom.
· Ensures proper tracking and documentation of the owners' approvals and consolidation of the statistics.
Benefits Administration in China
· Supervises the Benefits administration in China for Expatriate Benefits Plan and Local China GMs supplemental medical plan.
C&B Operation Excellence in China
· Ensures strict adherence to the property level C&B governance model. This includes looking in to streamlining C&B workflow and process improvement.
· Immediately raises any red flags in the day to day activities.
C&B related Projects in China
· Involves in C&B Projects in China as deployed by direct manager as and when required.
· Performs other reasonable duties as assigned by manager.
· Will interface regularly with other members of the HR team.
· Adaptability - Maintains performance level under pressure or when experiencing changes or challenges in the workplace.
· Communication - Conveys information and ideas to others in a convincing and engaging manner through a variety of methods.
· Problem Solving and Decision Making - Identifies and understands issues, problems, and opportunities; obtains and compares information from different sources to draw conclusions, develops and evaluates alternatives and solutions, solves problems, and chooses a course of action.
· Professional Demeanor - Exhibits behavioral styles that convey confidence and command respect from others; makes a good first impression and represents the company in alignment with its values.
· Building and Contributing to Teams - Participates as a member of a team to move toward the completion of common goals while fostering cohesion and collaboration among team members.
· Driving for Results - Sets high standards of performance for self and/or others; assumes responsibility for work objectives; initiates, focuses, and monitors the efforts of self and/or others toward the accomplishment goals; proactively takes action and goes beyond what is required.
· Planning and Organizing - Gathers information and resources required to set a plan of action for self and/or others; prioritizes and arranges work requirements to accomplish goals and ensure work is completed.
· Coworker Relationships - Interacts with others in a way that builds openness, trust, and confidence in the pursuit of organizational goals and lasting relationships.
· Customer Relationships - Develops and sustains relationships based on an understanding of customer/stakeholder needs and actions consistent with the company’s service standards.
· Global Mindset - Supports employees and business partners with diverse styles, abilities, motivations, and/or cultural perspectives; utilizes differences to drive innovation, engagement and enhance business results; and ensures employees are given the opportunity to contribute to their full potential.
Generating Talent and Organizational Capability
· Talent Management - Provides support and feedback to help individuals develop and strengthen skills and abilities needed to accomplish work objectives.
Learning and Applying Professional Expertise
· Applied Learning - Seeks and makes the most of learning opportunities to improve performance of self and/or others.
· Business Acumen - Understands and utilizes business information to manage everyday operations and generate innovative solutions to approach business and administrative challenges.
· Technical Acumen - Understands and utilizes professional skills and knowledge in a specific functional area to conduct and manage everyday business operations and generate innovative solutions to approach function-specific work challenges.
o Compensation and Benefits-Applies knowledge of principles, regulatory laws, and application of Human Resources compensation and benefit methods, including workers compensation and work accident procedures.
o Confidentiality and Ethical Conduct-Enforces company policies, ethical codes of conduct, and relevant laws as they apply to the handling of company and employee information.
· Basic Competencies - Fundamental competencies required for accomplishing basic work activities.
o Basic Computer Skills - Uses basic computer hardware and software (e.g., personal computers, word processing software, Internet browsers, etc.).
o Mathematical Reasoning - Adds, subtracts, multiplies, or divides quickly, correctly, and in a way that allows one to solve work-related issues.
o Oral Comprehension - Listens to and understands information and ideas presented through spoken words and sentences.
o Reading Comprehension – Understands written sentences and paragraphs in work related documents.
o Writing - Communicates effectively in writing as appropriate for the needs of the audience.
Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer. We believe in hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive, people-first culture. We are committed to non-discrimination on any protected basis, such as disability and veteran status, or any other basis covered under applicable law.