Microsoft Corporation Support Escalation Engineer_Mooncake Big data in Shanghai, China
Mooncake (National Cloud in China) Support is part of CSS GCR which focuses on providing commerce, presales and technical support for Microsoft Azure across China, where Azure is one of the fastest growing service of Microsoft.
We are looking for a customer focused Service Engineer passionate about site up, availability, and supportability of Azure platform. This role will be accountable for diagnosing and troubleshooting mission critical customer applications built on the Microsoft Azure platform. The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate breadth while managing complex, highly available services with a deep understanding of the underlying components, concepts (Azure Platform, Azure SDK, migration), and work directly with customers, Customer Support, Live Site Teams, and Engineering and supportability.
• Act as a technical focal point in cooperative relationships with other companies.
• Manage crisis situations that may involve technically challenging issues and diverse audiences.
• Own and resolve technically complex mission critical or politically hot customer issues
• Be responsive to customer needs which may sometimes require outside of normal business hours or on-call rotation.
• Use trace analysis, debug skills, source code, and other proprietary tools, to analyze problems and develop solutions to meet customer needs; this may involve writing code.
• Stay up to date on the leading technologies and technical certifications. Contribute to product improvement and participate in pre-release activities and BETA programs.
• Development and delivery of training in person or remote to share knowledge with other engineers. Mentoring of new engineers
Required Soft Skills
Leadership - handle technically challenging and politically hot customer situations, including the appropriate use of all available resources, communicate effectively with Support teams and development on complex technical issues
Strong communications skills
Effective, polished interaction with customer to gather information
Demonstrable troubleshooting skills
Logical and Critical thinking
Passion for technology and customer support
Understanding of cloud vs. on premise computing.
Required Technical Skills
Primary responsibilities and knowledge requirements include a thorough understanding of one or more of the following products/technologies:
• SQL Server
• BI like ETL, Data warehousing management, Data Mining, Report Designer or developer
• SQL Azure Database or any other cloud based database
• Heterogeneous Database Management Systems like Oracle, MySQL, etc.
• Big Data (Hadoop/Storm/HBase/Spark/Kafka) and Machine Learning knowledge
• Power BI
• At least 5 years of Technical Support experience (in a Tier 2) including experience in a customer facing or customer technical support role.
• SQL Server HA, Performance tuning, Index, Database Administration are strongly preferred.
• MySQL, MongoDB is a big plus.
• Expertise in Java, C#, Python is also a big plus.
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and / or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include, but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings: Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud Background Check upon hire / transfer and every two years thereafter.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form at https://careers.microsoft.com/us/en/accommodationrequest .
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.