Nike Storage Engineer in Shanghai, China
WHAT WILL YOU WORK ON
As a Senior Storage Engineer, you will provide global support for the installation, configuration, and management of storage solutions in the environment. You will help to create and drive direction, engineer, implement, automate, and operationalize the global hybrid cloud storage environment. This will include infrastructure in the public cloud environments such as AWS, Azure, GCP and Alibaba as well as our Nike private cloud. You will help to create automated API driven workflows and tools in the storage infrastructure to increase efficiency and drive optimization. In addition, you may lead small to medium sized teams through the concept, planning, funding, design, implementation, documentation, and training phases of storage projects. A solid understanding of cloud environments, automation methodologies, programing languages, networking/distributed computing environments, client/server architectures, and the design of consistent network-wide file system layouts will be keys to success in this role.
WHO WILL YOU WORK WITH
You are a team player with a proven ability to work closely with technical and non-technical teammates in disparate geographical regions to unite towards a common goal.
WHAT YOU BRING TO NIKE
• Ability To Multitask
• Positive Attitude
• Problem Solving
WHO ARE WE LOOKING FOR
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent
• 8-10 years progressively increasing responsibility in hybrid cloud computing, hybrid cloud storage, and/or systems engineering
• Extensive experience working in the public cloud platforms including AWS, Azure, GCP, and Alibaba
• Senior level knowledge of private cloud storage solutions
• Storage infrastructure design and implementation experience required
• Deep knowledge of automation fundamentals and principals
• Experience with Python or Go, Ansible, JSON, YAML, and other programming languages preferred
• Agile methodology experience
• Understanding of storage virtualization technologies and management platforms
• Demonstrated experience with advanced storage principals, including database storage design, storage virtualization, and data center replication technologies and concepts
• Utilize advanced systems/storage engineering experience to conduct performance planning and monitoring, advanced problem diagnosis and resolution, system monitoring and error reporting, and system maintenance including creation and maintenance of system documentation and diagrams
• Documentation and management of disaster recovery procedures and ensuring system, storage, and network availability through collaborative processes
• Demonstrated project management and leadership skills
• Well-developed verbal, written, interpersonal, and presentation skills. Able to write proposals or papers while acting as a vendor liaison, making presentations to customer, client, and professional peers.
NIKE, Inc. is committed to employing a diverse workforce. Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, protected veteran status, or disability. NIKE is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please call +1 503-671-4156 and let us know the nature of your request, your location and your contact information.