Nike Release Engineering Manager in Shanghai, China
· Develop automation and operate tools to allow for efficient, reliable releases
· Independent owner of release engineering scope in Greater China, working in close collaboration with global team
· Strong influencer with ability to interact with senior leaders and stakeholders
· Proven ability to keep up with new technology and recommend hardware/software standards for global enterprise environments
· Work with engineering teams to design sustainable deployment, packaging, and automation systems
· Troubleshoot deployment and application issues
· Support CI and source control systems
· Top-notch communication and documentation skills
· Research-oriented and methodical approach to implementing solutions
EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS REQUIRED
· Solid understanding of configuration management and release engineering practice and procedures. DevOps/Continuous Delivery experience is a big plus.
· Experience with the following or similar technologies: Python, Ansible, Jenkins, Docker, Linux, MacOS, Splunk/NewRelic/Kibana.
· Broad experience with automation, orchestration, and continuous integration tools
· Experience with managing large environments
· 4+ years professional experience with at least 2 years in build and release engineering
DESCRIPTIONAs the Release Engineering Manager, you will be part of the release engineering practice across several of our application teams. This broader team of release engineers serves our Digital, Corporate and Retail direct to consumer business. We work in a very fast moving, constantly changing environment and need people who are able to provide flexible, but reliable, self-service and easy to understand release automation to our teams.
In true Nike fashion, you will partner closely with engineering teams and technology partners across the engineering community to continually improve process, achieve efficiencies, and deliver quality product on schedule. Your role will also include working with cross functional teams to understand the technologies we plan to implement, setting direction for the team in collaboration with management, and championing change throughout the organization.
NIKE, Inc. is committed to employing a diverse workforce. Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, protected veteran status, or disability. NIKE is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please call +1 503-671-4156 and let us know the nature of your request, your location and your contact information.