VMware MTS in Shanghai, China
You’ll be part of a brilliant engineering team that has a culture of open communication, collaboration, and innovation. We are looking for engineers who have a strong self-directed work ethic and make it happen mindset.
Applicants are expected to be articulate, detail-oriented, and highly analytical. You will be working with teams all across VMware. You will participate in all phases of product development for the VMware private cloud and SDLC platform, including: gathering the requirements/user stories, designing the system architecture, prototyping the process, authoring the specifications, implementing the system, testing the features and operating the platform. You will be responsible to create systems with a user-friendly interface, flexible configuration, scalable backend & front-end, and reliable infrastructure to support VMware R&D teams to deliver in a highly effective and agile model.
Applicants should exhibit experience in building distributed applications, APIs, and fault-tolerant solutions with both front-end and backend experience.
• Design and develop a highly configurable, scalable and reliable cloud system to meet R&D users’ requirements within the entire development lifecycle
• Collaborate with a group of engineers (local and remote, product and sales) to deliver the systems, using proven development processes (Agile/SCRUM).
• Work with R&D to gather requirements to deliver creative solutions that meet needs with respect to functionality, performance, scalability, reliability and realistic implementation schedules.
• Partner with infrastructure teams such as DevOps, TechOps, Networking and Storage teams to drive high levels of customer satisfaction for the service.
• 4+ years of industry experience in building multi-tier, scalable, enterprise-level products or components.
• Experience in building SaaS for internal or external customers.
• Proficient in one or more of front-end technologies like AngularJS.
• Proficient in one or more of back end technologies like Python and Go.
• Strong software development and system design skills with a mindset of service operation.
• Good team player and excellent communication skills.
• Experience in VMware products such as ESX & vCenter is a plus.
• BS or MS degree in Computer Science or related major.
Category : Engineering and Technology
Subcategory: Software Engineering
Experience: Manager and Professional
Full Time/ Part Time: Full Time
Posted Date: 2020-06-30
Research & Development Operations & Central Services: VMware’s R&D Operations and Central Services team makes sure our customers enjoy a high-quality experience across the entire product portfolio. Our goal is to protect the company’s brand reputation by continually improving customer satisfaction. We bring together key R&D functions such as performance, security, and release management, which frees up R&D business units to focus on product innovation. Our priorities include investing in R&D talent, sharing best practices, and driving scale and agility in VMware products. Are you interested in expanding your R&D skills and experience in ways few jobs can? Join our team, and you’ll help deliver game-changing solutions across business units and product lines. Our team members also work with outside companies, build new contacts, and take part in industry-wide conferences and committees.
VMware Company Overview: At VMware, we believe that software has the power to unlock new opportunities for people and our planet. We look beyond the barriers of compromise to engineer new ways to make technologies work together seamlessly. Our cloud, mobility, and security software form a flexible, consistent digital foundation for securely delivering the apps, services and experiences that are transforming business innovation around the globe. At the core of what we do are our people who deeply value execution, passion, integrity, customers, and community. Shape what’s possible today at http://careers.vmware.com.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement: VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. VMware encourages applicants of all ages. Vmware will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law.