Nike Linux Administrator in Shanghai, China
To make it clear, we're not looking for just anyone. We're looking for someone special, someone who had these experiences and clearly demonstrated these skills:
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or a related field, with 3 years of directly applicable work experience. 2 additional years of experience required in lieu of a degree.
• Comfortable with Internet infrastructure components; able to troubleshoot DNS problems, firewall misconfigurations, and un-balanced load balancers
• Dual class software engineer and systems administration experience
• 5 years Linux experience
• Strong knowledge of Java ecosystems
• Experience with version control systems, Ruby, Perl, and configuring Apache
• Knowledge & experience with design of large scale monitoring systems
• Familiarity with Puppet or Chef
• Understanding of unit testing/rspec/functional testing
• Familiarity with TCP/IP stack, security practices, and load balancers.
• Strong understanding of Vmware and Cisco UCS.
• Familiar with automation technologies.
• Experience in HA environment
• Proven ability to partner with, and influence, key stakeholders and architects throughout a highly matrixed organization
• Strong written and verbal communication skills, organizational skills (multi-tasking), and self-motivated
• Experience with Infrastructure security a plus
Nike does more than outfit the world’s best athletes. We are a place to explore potential, obliterate boundaries, and push out the edges of what can be. We’re looking for people who can grow, think, dream and create. We thrive in a culture that embraces diversity and rewards imagination. We seek achievers, leaders and visionaries. At Nike, it’s about bringing what you have to a challenging and constantly evolving game.
If you’re ready to innovate and lead in the Digital space, join Nike’s Consumer Digital Technology organization. We bring together technology and process expertise to deliver one-stop solutions that enable Nike, Inc.'s digital products and services. We are responsible for creating, developing and deploying seamless, tailored and inherently social experiences to its Digital consumers. Working with our organization will be rewarding, challenging, and most definitely not be just another job.
Scope and Responsibilities:
As the Senior Linux Administrator - Consumer Digital Technology you’ll work with a variety of talented Nike teammates and be a driving force for continually improving performance and providing scalable, reliable, and available platforms for all Digital teams. Solving problems with engineering teams who run at a rapid, changing pace is just the beginning. You'll also help platform-ize our Java application stack to enable more rapid build-out of both production and development systems. Building and improving monitoring frameworks, and extending tools to enable self-service at all levels of the operations stack so it's trivial and safe for our users to deploy new applications with minimal assistance, is core to our overall success. In true team fashion, you will have numerous opportunities to share your knowledge with the Digital team as well as the larger Nike technology community.
NIKE, Inc. is committed to employing a diverse workforce. Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, protected veteran status, or disability. NIKE is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please call +1 503-671-4156 and let us know the nature of your request, your location and your contact information.