Robert Half International Staff Accountant in Secaucus, New Jersey
A reputable organization located in Secaucus is seeking a Project Staff Accountant to join their team.
The essential job duties shall include, but not be limited to, the following:
• Full cycle Accounts Receivable, including preparation of monthly invoices and maintaining customer and vendor records
• Accounts Payable including: purchase orders and vendor records maintenance
• Multiple Bank reconciliations for depository accounts
• Reconcile all balance sheet accounts; reviewing for input accuracy and prepare monthly reports and journal entries, as needed
• General ledger maintenance
• Prepare weekly payroll
• Administration of quarterly business and payroll taxes
• Prepare monthly financial statements
• Maintain required business documents
• Prepare annual 1099’s
• Assistance with the annual budget and audit process
• Maintain financial document retention files
• New vendor setup and maintenance
• Vendor statement reconciliation and discrepancies
• Deposit and cash reports
• Prepare and/or review of all expense reports for accuracy and proper expense disclosure
• Perform accounting requirements on construction projects
• Perform other related duties as may be requested by the VP of Accounting
If you're interested in this Project/Staff Accountant role, please forward an updated resume to Maggie.Diamond@Accountemps.com
Solid understanding of QuickBooks
Commitment and abilities to meet critical business deadlines
High attention to detail
Recent and relevant accounting experience
Spreadsheet and database capabilities
Current and relevant ERP system experience
Remarkable analytical, quantitative and social skills
Self-starter and strong ethical standards
Competent with spreadsheets and databases
experienced organizational, written and verbal communication skills
Demonstrated ability to work in a dynamic and constantly changing company environment
BA/BS or equivalent in Accounting, Finance or Economics
Accountemps, a Robert Half Company, matches highly skilled professionals with accounting finance jobs on a temporary and temporary-to-hire basis. From accounting clerks and bookeepers to accounts payable and staff accountants, we provide you with access to exciting career opportunities. Our personalized approach, innovative matching technology and global network with local market expertise help you find the legal opportunities that match your skills and priorities — fast. By working with us, you have access to challenging opportunities, competitive compensation and benefits, and training to enhance your skill sets.
From philanthropy to environmental stewardship to employee programs, Robert Half is proud to have an active role in the communities in which we live and work. Our company has appeared on FORTUNE’s “Most Admired Companies” list every year since 1998.
Download our mobile app to take your job search on the go!
Contact your local Accountemps office at 888.490.3195 or visit www.roberthalf.com/jobs/accountemps to apply for this job now or find out more about other job opportunities.
All applicants applying for U.S. job openings must be authorized to work in the United States. All applicants applying for Canadian job openings must be authorized to work in Canada.
© 2020 Accountemps. An Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Disability/Veterans
Location: Secaucus, NJ
Date Posted: September 8, 2020
Employment Type: Temporary
Job Reference: 02680-0011552075
Staffing Area: Temporary Accounting u0026 Finance