Schneider Electric Security System Application Engineer in Secaucus, New Jersey
Schneider Electric™creates connected technologies that reshape industries, transform cities and enrich lives. Our 144,000 employees thrive in more than 100 countries. From the simplest of switches to complex operational systems, our technology, software and services improve the way our customers manage and automate their operations.Help us deliver solutions that ensure Life Is On everywhere, for everyone and at every moment:https://youtu.be/NlLJMv1Y7Hk.
Great people make Schneider Electric a great company.
SUMMARY: This position is responsible for designing, configuring and implementingnetwork Infrastructures per specifications, standards, budgets and schedules. In addition to typical IT functions, the networks will also support Wireless, VoIP, Visitor Management Systems, Video Surveillance Systems, Building Automation Systems and other monitoring systems critical to the daily operations of mid to large building structures. Expert knowledge of Surveillance and Access Control systems is a plus.
**PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Coordinate with operations service managers and project managers to provide all high-level networking and software engineering services on projects – such as: network designs, configuration of network switches, firewalls, wireless solutions, and cybersecurity offerings.
- Support the sales and preconstruction teams to build and deliver presentations to customers, enhance system designs to suit our solutions, and assist with vendor and material selections during estimating
- Implement network standards and training documents that are used as a template by engineering and sales personnel.
- Assist the service team in creating and enforcing preventive maintenance procedures for all networking assets.
- Oversee the maintenance and configuration of networking test lab in the branch.
- Adhere to all company policies, procedures and business ethics codes.
*QUALIFICATIONS: * To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each primary duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the education, experience, skills and/or abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the primary duties.
Four (4) year college degree required or equivalent work experience
Three to Five years of related work experience is preferred but not required.
SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or Information Systems is preferred.
- Professional Level Cisco Career Certifications such as a CCNP, CCNA may suffice with proper experience.
- Ability to design and implement firewall solutions including VPN configurations.
- Programming knowledge of Cisco, Fortinet, Palo Alto, HP and Juniper.
- Experience of working with Network monitoring tools.
- Certified or experienced in implementing wireless solutions such as: Aruba, Cisco or Ruckus.
- Expert Knowledge of Integrated Security System solutions with certifications.
- Knowledge of Building Management Systems is a plus
- Strong leadership, communication, and engineering skills.
- Ability to foster cooperation across departments and business units.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong customer service skills
- Excellent organizational skills including, but not limited to, the ability to handle multiple demands and assignments, the ability to prioritize tasks effectively and efficiently, and the ability to manage resource procurement and utilization
*PHYSICAL DEMANDS: *
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the primary duties of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the primary duties.
We seek out and reward people for being straightforward, open, passionate, effective and challenging the status quo. We want our employees to reflect the diversity of the communities in which we operate. We welcome people as they are, creating an inclusive culture where all forms of diversity are seen as a real value for the company. We’re looking for people with a passion for success — on the job and beyond. See what our people have to say about working for Schneider Electric: https://youtu.be/6D2Av1uUrzY.
Let us learn about you! Apply today.
You must submit an online application to be considered for any position with us. This position will be posted until filled.
It is the policy of Schneider Electric to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities in the areas of recruiting, hiring, training, transferring, and promoting all qualified individuals regardless of race, religion, color, gender, disability, national origin, ancestry, age, military status, sexual orientation, marital status, or any other legally protected characteristic or conduct.
Concerning agencies: Schneider Electric does not accept unsolicited resumes and will not be responsible for fees related to such.
Schneider Electric is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Primary Location: US-New Jersey-Secaucus
Other Locations: US-New York-New York
Unposting Date: Jul 11, 2019, 11:59:00 PM
Req ID: 005697