AdventHealth LPN Physician Office AdventHealth FT Days Sebring in Sebring, Florida
LPN Physician Office AdventHealth FT Days Sebring
Location Address: Sebring,FL
Top Reasons to Work at AdventHealth Sebring
- First Day Health Insurance
- Faith Based & Mission driven Facility
- Largest Employer in the County
- Surrounded by beautiful Lakes, Golf Courses and Florida’s oldest State Park
- Close knit community with a home town family feel
- 2 hours to just about any beach on either Coast
You Will Be Responsible For:
- Assists with rooming patients for appointments. Obtains accurate temperature, pulse, respiration, blood pressure, height and weight. Documents correctly on progress note.
- Prepares patient for physical examination. Screens patients for appropriate information. Instructs patients in collection of samples and tests.
- Explains procedures, treatments, and nursing care to patients and when necessary to significant others prior to implementation.
- Oversees appointment scheduling to ensure triage preferences are given to patients in emergency situations.
- Use proper injection techniques. Maintains a sterile technique.
- Documents all phone conversations regarding patients and recommendations. Documents all prescriptions called to any pharmacy as ordered by the physician.
- Assures that physician has reviewed and signed all reports.
- Documents all test results, making notes of abnormalities and stat information. Posts test and examination results in patient chart.
- Reviews patient charts to ensure that all test results and correspondence are present prior to the physician seeing the patient.
- Assists with the preparation of equipment and aids physician during treatment, examination, and testing of patients.
- Administers prescribed medications and treatments in accordance with FHHD policy and procedures and nursing standards. Documents medications completely in the patients chart after they are given
- Reviews appointment bookings and ensures preferences are given to patients in emergency situations. Maintains timely flow of patients.
- Responds to and returns in-coming telephone calls in a timely manner. Instructs patient and family regarding medication and treatment instructions.
What You Will Need:
- Minimum of a High School Diploma or Equivalent
- Graduate of an Approved School of Practical/Vocational Nursing
- State of Florida License in Licensed Practical Nurse
- BLS from the American Heart Association
The Licensed Practical Nurse, under the direction of the Practice Manager and/or Clinical Supervisor, provides nursing care to patients. Assists in patient education. Assists physician during treatment and examination of patient and administers procedures and treatments as ordered by the physician. Maintains equipment, medications and work environment to the standards outlined in the FHHD Policy and Procedure manual.
This facility is an equal opportunity employer and complies with federal, state and local anti-discrimination laws, regulations and ordinances.
Category: Physician Services
Organization: AdventHealth Sebring Wauchula Lake Placid
Shift: 1 - Day
Travel: Yes, 25 % of the Time
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not tolerate discrimination based on race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, marital status, age or disability/handicap with respect to recruitment, selection, placement, promotion, wages, benefits and other terms and conditions of employment.