Robert Half International Sr. Software Engineer in Seattle, Washington
• Design and architect software that can track millions of assets and potential threats.
• Contribute to new engineering processes and systems that will allow the team to scale in the future.
• Collaborate with other engineers to design and code highly scalable machine learning applications that process large volumes of data.
• Building features that make it easier for Chief Operating Officers (COO) and Chief Security Officers (CSO) to monitor the safety and security of their business and react to ongoing threats.
• Work cross functional with internal teams, product support, product management, delivery management to meet deadlines.
• Other duties as assigned
• BS or advanced degree in computer science, engineering, or related technical field or equivalent detail oriented experiences
• 5-7+ years of experience in software design and development using a diverse set of programming languages, frameworks and systems.
• Familiarity with one or more of the following: PERL, Java, C#, Python, NodeJS
• Knowledge of cloud services in AWS, for example EC2, S3, etc
• Experience with a Linux environments
• Demonstrated knowledge of SQL relational databases and nosql databases
• Experience with developing RESTful web services
• Familiarity with distributed source control management system such as GIT
• Experience with Scaled agile development methodologies
• Knowledge of web protocols and related technologies on the transport layer. e.g. HTTP, Websockets and JSON/XML/Protocol Buffers
• Knowledge of data structures and algorithms
• Experience with automated testing
• Knowledge of or experience working with geospatial data formats, algorithms, and technologies. (PostGIS, GDAL, geojson, vector tiles, etc…)
• Knowledge of machine learning algorithms and systems
• Experience with ElasticSearch, Graph Databases, etc
• Experience with performance tuning and optimization
Perl, Perl Scripting, Amazon Web Services (AWS), Node.js, Microsoft SQL, SQL Queries, Write SQL Queries, Java API
Robert Half Technology matches IT professionals with some of the best companies on a temporary, project or full-time basis. From roles in software and applications to IT infrastructure and operations, we provide you unparalleled access to exciting career opportunities. Our personalized approach, innovative matching technology and global network with local market expertise help you find the technology jobs that match your skills and priorities — fast. By working with us, you have access to challenging opportunities, competitive compensation and benefits, and training to enhance your skill sets.
From philanthropy to environmental stewardship to employee programs, Robert Half is proud to have an active role in the communities in which we live and work. Our company has appeared on FORTUNE’s “Most Admired Companies” list every year since 1998.
Download our mobile app to take your job search on the go!
Contact your local Robert Half Technology office at 888.490.4429 or visit www.roberthalf.com/jobs/technology to apply for this job now or find out more about other job opportunities.
All applicants applying for U.S. job openings must be authorized to work in the United States. All applicants applying for Canadian job openings must be authorized to work in Canada.
© 2020 Robert Half Technology. An Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Disability/Veterans.
Location: Seattle, WA
Date Posted: October 16, 2020
Employment Type: Full-time
Job Reference: 04410-0011590122
Staffing Area: Technology u0026 IT