Bristol Myers Squibb Shipping and Logistics Coordinator, Cell Therapy in Seattle, Washington
Bristol-Myers Squibb is a global Biopharma company committed to a single mission: to discover, develop, and deliver innovative medicines focused on helping millions of patients around the world in disease areas such as oncology, cardiovascular, immunoscience and fibrosis.
Join us and make a difference. We hire the best people and provide them with a work environment that places a premium on diversity, integrity, collaboration and personal development. Through a culture of inclusion, we create a better, more productive work environment. We believe that the diverse experiences and perspectives of all our employees help to drive innovation and transformative business results.
PURPOSE AND SCOPE OF POSITION:
The Shipping & Logistics Coordinator will support the logistics activities for internal customers, suppliers and logistics carriers to insure an uninterrupted supply of raw materials to support the CAR T Manufacturing Site in Bothell, WA, Corporate Research and Development Sites in Seattle, WA and our off-site storage locations. The role will collaborate with both internal and external organizations to ensure supply continuity and optimum combination of delivery, quality and value.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
• Bachelor’s degree preferred.
• 5+ years relevant work experience required• An equivalent combination of education, experience and training may substitute for experience
• Strong working knowledge of import/export
• Experience with international logistics, domestic inbound and outbound express, Next Flight Out & LTL freight
• Experience in the Biopharma, Life Sciences or Medical Device Industries
• The ability to adapt to rapid change, wear multiple hats, and work under pressure
• Cold chain logistics experience including experience with Dry Ice and LN2 shipping conditions
• The ability to work in a team environment as well as independently with little or no supervision
• High attention to detail, problem solving skills and innovative organizational skills
• Advanced computer skills including, but not limited to email, MS Word, Excel, Outlook
• Experience with Inventory Systems and ERP systems (Oracle Cloud)DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Acts as point of escalation or contact for all inbound and outbound freight issues (i.e. required documentation, harmonized tariff schedule issues, VAT taxes, NAFTA issues, damage claims, etc.).
• Creates and maintains guidelines and standards for proper shipping methods.
• Recommends and implement new shipping procedures as necessary.
• Assists with special expedite needs (i.e. airfreight, counter-to-counter shipments, etc.).
• Creating export and import documentation in support of movement of raw materials and equipment
• Coordinates with site and freight carriers to ensure dangerous goods shipments are processed in compliance with the U.S. DOT, IATA (International Air Transport Association) regulations, and the MDG (International Maritime Dangerous Goods) code.
• Supporting internal and external customers by providing timely status updates on domestic and international shipments
• Working with carriers to schedule shipments, track shipment status, and provide timely PODs
• Completing all daily operations in compliance with all International/Federal/State regulations
• Manages site level shipping costs and works closely with accounting to allocate costs to appropriate departments/teams.
• Coordinates, monitors and reports on inbound/outbound material shipment issues.
WORKING CONDITIONS (US Only):• Ability to work in a fast-paced warehouse environment.• Ability to lift and carry up to 50 pounds.• Ability to stand at least 50% of the time.This job description is intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the person assigned to this position. The primary duties and responsibilities are intended to describe those functions that are essential to the performance of this job.This job description does not state or imply that the above are the only duties and responsibilities assigned to this position. There are other duties and responsibilities that are considered incidental or secondary to the overall purpose of this job. Employees holding this position will be required to perform any other job-related duties as requested by management.
Bristol-Myers Squibb recognizes the importance of balance and flexibility in our work environment. We offer a wide variety of competitive benefits, services and programs that provide our employees the resources to pursue their goals, both at work and in their personal lives.
Bristol-Myers Squibb is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.