Starbucks Coffee Company senior application developer in Seattle, Washington
• 4-8 years of professional industry experience with software development
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field
• Knowledge of data structures, algorithms and computer science concepts relative to the platform.
• Mastery of relevant development languages, tools, frameworks, utilities and technical dependencies.
• Understanding of implications from design and implementation choices toward building secure, scalable, durable, flexible, accessible solutions.
• Aptitude to pick up new technologies and trends, as they become relevant for the business and our platforms. Examples include IoT, Big Data, REST Services, mobile, and incorporating cloud components.
• Ability to write and value high quality, reusable software with minimal defects.
• Ability to learn and incorporate new technologies, concepts and development languages.
• Thorough understanding of data transport mechanisms and integrations including synchronous, asynchronous, bulk data, tightly and loosely coupled methods.
• Working understanding of application architecture, infrastructure and security concepts and technical implementation.
• Ability to analyze, diagnose and propose solutions to user problems.
• Ability to understand and escalate technical challenges with options and recommendations.
• Thorough understanding of relevant platform and applications, including established API’s, system activity components, process flows, the underlying data model, implementation specifics of important business rules, batch jobs, user interface components, and application configuration.
• Experience in designing and developing relevant enhancements on top of industry COTS (Commercial Of The Shelf) applications that differentiate and/or provide competitive advantage.
• Knowledge of business context and trends, as well as the business customers’ opportunities. Awareness of the functional aspects of the solution.
• Ability to create and articulate ideas and solutions for both technical and business functions
• Ability to use facts and data to influence peers and leads on solutions and designs
• Ability to work with process owners and identify information technology solutions that enable business process improvements
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Ability to negotiate priorities, approach, designs and ideas with team members and customers
• Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
• Ability to balance multiple priorities and meet deadlines
• Ability to use business knowledge, sound judgment, and resourcefulness to proactively
• Ability to make timely and effective decisions using a mixture of intuition, analysis, experience and judgment
Starbucks and its brands are an equal opportunity employer of all qualified individuals.
We are committed to creating a diverse and welcoming workplace that includes partners with diverse backgrounds and experiences. We believe that enables us to better meet our mission and values while serving customers throughout our global communities. People of color, women, LGBTQIA+, veterans and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with all federal state and local ordinances. Starbucks Corporation is committed to offering reasonable accommodations to job applicants with disabilities. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please contact us at 206-318-0660 or via email at email@example.com